Closed Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm just a bit over all this to be honest. I understand @Sonja you are completely entitled to change your viewpoint (initially against finch sending her child off every weekend) but I can't help but wonder if you would of changed your viewpoint if it wasn't VP you agreed with but the majority?

I just feel it's becoming a bit of sport to argue and pick at VPs posts in every thread even if others are posting similar things (albeit not as bluntly).

I'm finding it all a bit tedious at the moment.

Anyways I'm not up for a debate or personal questions (such as personal discussions of our lives outside of bubhub) so that's all I wanted to say, from my perspective I just see everyone constantly arguing against vp and can't help but think it's a little coincidental it's always the same posters.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Phony  (16-05-2016),VicPark  (16-05-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Errr... That is a little off topic.

Usually I'm happy to leave things at one or two posts. However if people come back and quote and ask questions then what's the problem with answering?

If the clique (yes still going to use that term despite attempts to ban the use ) are allowed to continue discussion including by answering questions and raising new points ...if they are allowed to continue discussion by not changing their views... Then why can't I continue discussions by answer the questions? By raising new points And by my not changing my view?
    I never said you weren't allowed to. I just wondered if you ever feel mentally drained by doing so?
    I'd love to know who's in the clique you speak of. You say it, so why not name them? Am I in it? Lol. I happen to disagree with you on this particular thread topic yet have never exchanged more than a couple of passing words with most of the women here. I don't know or interact with Rose, Sonja, Elijah's mum, Twinklify, or Full House etc... Actually VP, I know YOU better than I know them and we both know we've even exchanged a few PM's over the years. Crying "clique" because you're in the minority seems like sour grapes to me.....

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I'm just a bit over all this to be honest. I understand @Sonja you are completely entitled to change your viewpoint (initially against finch sending her child off every weekend) but I can't help but wonder if you would of changed your viewpoint if it wasn't VP you agreed with but the majority?

I just feel it's becoming a bit of sport to argue and pick at VPs posts in every thread even if others are posting similar things (albeit not as bluntly).

Anyways I'm not up for a debate or personal questions (such as personal discussions of our lives outside of bubhub) so that's all I wanted to say, from my perspective I just see everyone constantly arguing against vp and can't help but think it's a little coincidental it's always the same posters.
    It's the "clique", right? 😏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Honest question, are you ok? Your actually becoming a mean girl and I've noticed your posts the last month or so are just getting meaner and more argumentative , for really no apparent reason - it's great to debate and argue but it's getting a bit silly now - and no I'm not part of any clique or gang - I just think your tone is coming through that your hurting , and are therefore trying to hurt others , don't take offence , I might be wrong but it's just my observation
    I wouldn't consider you to be part of the clique.

I'm fine it's nice of you to ask (I think you are lovely and genuine). Not hurting - just after recent events on BH I have come to a conclusion that it makes no difference spending hours worrying about wording etc - if you disagree with the clique you will be lynched regardless. So although I still try and be respectful (most of the time) I don't stress about specific wording. And I won't be run out of a thread like A-squares has been. Were all adults and if people can't handle a different opinion then maybe they need to do some soul searching instead of getting out the pitchfork.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

maybe it's because VP always argues the "unpopular" opinion? not having s go or getting drawn into the ring either, your post just made me think that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    maybe it's because VP always argues the "unpopular" opinion? not having s go or getting drawn into the ring either, your post just made me think that.
    I understand where you're coming from, but hasn't VPs posts always been the unpopular ones?

I don't know if there is a clique as such but from someone who is desperately wanting to stay "neutral" I have observed that just over the past month or so I feel the arguing against her and her viewpoints instead of replying to the op with people's own opinions seems to be increasing.

Peace out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (16-05-2016),VicPark  (16-05-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?

It would be nice Harvs if you afforded the same level of scrutiny to your friends. If you want to know how sleep became involved in this thread have a look back to post nr 4.
    I have been reading along the whole way. I know how sleep became involved. I didn't quote you because I wasn't directing my comment specifically to you. This has been an interesting thread and I like to be open to other people's views. Those references and the other comment I referenced are hindering that.

I think maybe you are making assumptions about who my friends are, or my purpose for posting earlier?

I agree with, and disagree with, ideas and not people. I do find the clique response to be dismissive and devaluing.

I don't scrutinise anyone, just I've been following this thread and I finally made a comment. I didn't bother earlier because I felt I would be dismissed. Guess I was right.

ETA I am in contact with three people who have commented on this thread outside the hub. One of those is the OP. I guess the idea that people only agree with friends and disagree with people who aren't friends and it is solely related to loyalty is a little unusual to my way of thinking.
    Last edited by harvs; 16-05-2016 at 17:00.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't consider you to be part of the clique.

I'm fine it's nice of you to ask (I think you are lovely and genuine). Not hurting - just after recent events on BH I have come to a conclusion that it makes no difference spending hours worrying about wording etc - if you disagree with the clique you will be lynched regardless. So although I still try and be respectful (most of the time) I don't stress about specific wording. And I won't be run out of a thread like A-squares has been. Were all adults and if people can't handle a different opinion then maybe they need to do some soul searching instead of getting out the pitchfork.
    Kind of like the pitchfork that was aimed at Rachael Finch, yeah? Does the soul searching apply to people who were part of that lynch mob or only to those of us who called out that behaviour?

I'm still really struggling with how cultural and family differences have been so blatantly slammed for not fitting the white, middle class, 9-5 working parent BH "norm". I find that lack of open mindedness to be puzzling.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (16-05-2016),Renn  (16-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-05-2016),~Marigold~  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wow @Little Miss Sunshine you really don't think i would do that do you?

First I often agree with VicPark. It may surprise you but I do.

Second I changed my view as after thinking about it I realised my judgment was hypocritical. I did the exact thing as a child (spent all weekend at my grandparents) so who am I to say someone else shouldn't.

Also it was comments by others not VicPark that prompted me to have a good hard rethink about my views.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I'm still really struggling with how cultural and family differences have been so blatantly slammed for not fitting the white, middle class, 9-5 working parent BH "norm". I find that lack of open mindedness to be puzzling.
    I find the lack of open-mindedness on both sides of the fence - puzzling/amusing/ironic/sad.