Closed Thread
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It becomes ok to judge when:

Step One: Obtain an Undergraduate Degree. ...

Step Two: Attend Law School and Obtain a Juris Doctor. ...

Step Three: Pass the Bar and Other Exams. ...

Step Four: Become Appointed or Elected to the Court. ...

Step Five: Complete Judgeship Training.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

amyd  (14-05-2016),BettyV  (14-05-2016),J37  (15-05-2016),TheGooch  (14-05-2016),~Marigold~  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    They may well be having a big night together... I still think time together holds a higher importance than with friends.
    What about if the teenager has no partner and friends are her release? What about if finchy was a single mum and was going out with friends on her 2 nights?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    It becomes ok to judge when:

Step One: Obtain an Undergraduate Degree. ...

Step Two: Attend Law School and Obtain a Juris Doctor. ...

Step Three: Pass the Bar and Other Exams. ...

Step Four: Become Appointed or Elected to the Court. ...

Step Five: Complete Judgeship Training.
    Ok .... so child protection workers, police, teachers can't judge a person or situation in order to protect themselves and others?

Humans wouldn't have been given brains if the intent was to defer all judgement and decision making to a small minority..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What about if the teenager has no partner and friends are her release? What about if finchy was a single mum and was going out with friends on her 2 nights?
    I still don't see a problem with that.

Kid safe and well. The end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I still don't see a problem with that.

Kid safe and well. The end.
    Does your opinion change depending on what finchy or the teen mum were doing with their 2 nights off?

- relaxing watching DVDs
    - shopping
    - going to a party/bar/club then having wild sex both nights?
    - smoking pot with a friend or hubby all weekend?
    - doing the house cleaning and chores?
    - studying
    - working to establish a home business
    - working outside the home

Is there any variation in your assessment or is it the same regardless of the activity?

Do you think there would be any point at which you would think the cost of missing 2 nights with your child wouldn't be worth the benefit experienced?
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-05-2016 at 19:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe this thread is still going strong. I'm out! Some people think it's fine, some don't. Whatever! 😊

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going strong. I'm out! Some people think it's fine, some don't. Whatever! 😊
    This is BubHub. It's a thread about the righteousness or not of judging. Nuff said.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (14-05-2016),Ngaiz  (14-05-2016),Phony  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    - relaxing watching DVDs
    No
    - shopping
    No
    No. Might be envious of wild sex tho.
    Yes. It's illegal.
    Nope.
    - studying
    Nada
    No
    No.

Is there any variation in your assessment or is it the same regardless of the activity?

Illegal - then I'd judge harshly. Otherwise it's not my problem.

Do you think there would be any point at which you would think the cost of missing 2 nights with your child wouldn't be worth the benefit experienced?

I don't understand your fascination with "missing bedtimes". I try to miss bedtimes as much as possible. Dh does them here if available. I do enough kid wrangling all week so I hid in the lounge eating dessert as Dh puts the 3 to bed.

You do realise that finch is with her kid 5/7 nights a week????? Doing it solo cos her hubby works evenings and nights? I spent almost 90% of the last two years doing the evening routine solo. I know that sometimes you just get fed up with groundhog day everything is ALL the time. I understand the fatigue and I have easy happy children. I understand the strain of having a partner who works opp hours and not seeing them much let alone quality time. I understand the mental fatigue you have when you don't have 'alone' or solo time.

You often say you 'need' your sleep and your babies are happier with their SOS routine. That what makes you happy and your family work?

But I don't need much sleep but I need down time. I need social time outside my home. I need friends and family and my social life to be happy inside. Otherwise my spirit will wither away.

Everyone has different needs. Why begrudge her satisfying her needs? She hasn't abandoned her child in an unsafe environment. She isn't doing anything illegal. She works in the entertainment industry where Fri/sat nights she probably has to attend events etc. It's probably easier to have a set weekly routine than chop/change depending on her schedule.

Why all this angst for a woman that's found a way to keep her family happy and her mind sane?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (14-05-2016),Renn  (14-05-2016),rusty22  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    - relaxing watching DVDs
    No
    - shopping
    No
    No. Might be envious of wild sex tho.
    Yes. It's illegal.
    Nope.
    - studying
    Nada
    No
    No.

Illegal - then I'd judge harshly. Otherwise it's not my problem.

I don't understand your fascination with "missing bedtimes". I try to miss bedtimes as much as possible. Dh does them here if available. I do enough kid wrangling all week so I hid in the lounge eating dessert as Dh puts the 3 to bed.

You do realise that finch is with her kid 5/7 nights a week????? Doing it solo cos her hubby works evenings and nights? I spent almost 90% of the last two years doing the evening routine solo. I know that sometimes you just get fed up with groundhog day everything is ALL the time. I understand the fatigue and I have easy happy children. I understand the strain of having a partner who works opp hours and not seeing them much let alone quality time. I understand the mental fatigue you have when you don't have 'alone' or solo time.

You often say you 'need' your sleep and your babies are happier with their SOS routine. That what makes you happy and your family work?

But I don't need much sleep but I need down time. I need social time outside my home. I need friends and family and my social life to be happy inside. Otherwise my spirit will wither away.

Everyone has different needs. Why begrudge her satisfying her needs? She hasn't abandoned her child in an unsafe environment. She isn't doing anything illegal. She works in the entertainment industry where Fri/sat nights she probably has to attend events etc. It's probably easier to have a set weekly routine than chop/change depending on her schedule.

Why all this angst for a woman that's found a way to keep her family happy and her mind sane?
    Because she came out gloating and talking up the large chunk of childless time she gets every single week. The selfishness of it all is causing the angst. For me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To answer the op - It is human nature to judge but unless someone is actually in danger then voicing the judgement is not really needed.

My opinion on the RF situation - Who is she? Why is how she parents so important? And why am I hooked on this thread?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (14-05-2016)