Closed Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    And I think Rachel finch is a blooming genius! I see no difference in her actions compared to a family where the kids go to daycare 4-5 days FT and are asleep 7-7 or thereabouts. How much waking time do they have with their kids all week?
    I dunno.. Weekends are free time.. How much time would Rachel Finch actually have with her DD during the working week?

As someone looking down the barrel of a 4 day week with my DD in daycare I'm already sad. I want to spend therefore every precious moment with her at the weekend.. Probably not a fair comparison..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    It's because there are so many perfect people who don't judge and think everyone is wonderful.... Unless they disagree with them then 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I'm admittedly a bit tipsy right now and so feel okay to say.... This thread highlights the hypocrisy that is BH.

SOOOOOOOO many of you who are sticking up for her are always the first to have a dig at others on BH when they disagree with how they treat their children. And that's okay apparently,

But I (and others) are now apparently not allowed to say we think the actions of another parent are selfish, because God forbid we can't disagree with the BH majority! But we would be justified in making a dig about other 'big' issues in parenting, just not this.... I don't get why!?
    Of course you can disagree, there is no right way, just the way that suits your family, there are hardly any parenting issues on here that everyone agrees with ( except obviously harmful things) because what's "normal" for your family might not be "normal "'for mine as we all see and experience things differently

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-05-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What I want to know is why so many are so heavily invested in what a complete stranger is doing?
    In some cultures, the whole family raises a child, for many reasons.
    This works for them. Shuddup and leave them to it.
    Go back to judging perpetrators of violence, cult leaders encouraging kids to drink the cool aid, religious institutions covering up child sex abuse, drink drivers, people who leave kids in the car while they go and eat lunch, and people who wear shoes inside. Surely they're worth far more of our judgy time than a family who cares for their family in a more uncommon way.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-05-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (14-05-2016),monroe78  (14-05-2016),Ngaiz  (14-05-2016),Renn  (14-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-05-2016),rusty22  (14-05-2016),~Marigold~  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    What I want to know is why so many are so heavily invested in what a complete stranger is doing?
    In some cultures, the whole family raises a child, for many reasons.
    This works for them. Shuddup and leave them to it.
    Go back to judging perpetrators of violence, cult leaders encouraging kids to drink the cool aid, religious institutions covering up child sex abuse, drink drivers, people who leave kids in the car while they go and eat lunch, and people who wear shoes inside. Surely they're worth far more of our judgy time than a family who cares for their family in a more uncommon way.
    I suspect people wouldn't be invested at all if she didn't put her life out there for the public's consumption.

Yes she's a stranger, but a thirsty one.

I'm constantly amazed that people who actively seek publicity are surprised when it's not all positive.

And for the record I'm in the "I've never heard of her and don't give a rats what she does" camp, but if you're going to be naive or dumb enough to tell the public you can expect not everyone's response will be positive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    On Rachel Finch, I think for the most part she's just a very new, young parent and very naive to think that there wouldn't be any criticism on her (and her husband's) choices.
    And what about him?
    That's where my judgement is kicking in to play.
    The vibe I get is that she's doing all she can to keep everyone happy, and maybe part of that is his instance on alone time? I could be wrong but what wild horses wouldn't have dragged me away from my kids at that young age.
    Once a fortnight would be OK, two nights a week is extreme and if she's genuinely into that then OK, no judgement. I dunno, something seems wrong about it to me and I would wonder if it's a control/possessive issue on his part?
    Like, I'm imagining my friends in real life doing the same thing. It would be very, very odd.

As for when it's OK to judge.
    I don't think we can control it, but we can control our mouths and who we might *gossip to. I have to say, I'm much more judgemental now after having kids, than I was before. Before kids I just didn't give a hoot who was doing what. It was only my business if it crossed my path. Now I watch everything, I'm concerned with a lot more going on around me and yep I judge (inwardly). I definitely think we should do it. Our world is relatively small and we need to make decisions every day on who we let in to our lives, judgment when done right and not some idiot behind a keyboard plastering for all the world to read, is healthy imo.

Bit of a ramble there, up since 2:30 :/

*I'm fully aware I've jumped to conclusions above and in a sense made some idle gossip but I thought it strange that he wasn't being mentioned at all even though he's benefitting immensely from the child free weekend.
    Last edited by Phony; 14-05-2016 at 04:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    I dunno.. Weekends are free time.. How much time would Rachel Finch actually have with her DD during the working week?

As someone looking down the barrel of a 4 day week with my DD in daycare I'm already sad. I want to spend therefore every precious moment with her at the weekend.. Probably not a fair comparison..
    From 3pm every afternoon and Sundays. According to the article, Rachel's child doesn't go to daycare...all care is between mum and dad during the week, and on Sundays. Fri night-Sat night it's the grandparents...so say 36hours. A child in day care for 4 days x 9hrs (assuming the parents are working an 8 hour shift), is 36hrs. Food for thought.

As far as investing my care in to Rachel Finch...I don't know who she is, I am not invested in her at all...what I am invested in is women supporting women, not tearing someone to shreds because they have a village and they use it. It's a sad reflection of society.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (14-05-2016),HillDweller  (14-05-2016),monroe78  (14-05-2016),Renn  (14-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree. Everyone moans about a lack of village. She has one. We should be applauding that she is using her village.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Full House  (14-05-2016),monroe78  (14-05-2016),Renn  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    **** - have to agree with you on that!
    😮 well I never!

😋

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I agree. Everyone moans about a lack of village. She has one. We should be applauding that she is using her village.
    Yes I applaud her for using her village...to relax with her hubby 2 nights every.single.week. Not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Spinoff - when does it become okay to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    From 3pm every afternoon and Sundays. According to the article, Rachel's child doesn't go to daycare...all care is between mum and dad during the week, and on Sundays. Fri night-Sat night it's the grandparents...so say 36hours. A child in day care for 4 days x 9hrs (assuming the parents are working an 8 hour shift), is 36hrs. Food for thought.
    You're missing the point - it's not about total hours, it's about the hours that a parent could have chosen to be with their kid but *chose* not to for reasons some perceive as *self indulgent* and *frivolous* reasons.

While I'm at it - geesus poeple.
    Stop comparing someone who gives up *2 nights per week* with their kid so they can shag their husband with someone who puts their kid in childcare so they can earn a living.
    It's like me comparing SAHM's with dole bludgers. I mean both *choose* to stay at home and both usually receive some form of benefit from the Government to do so. Not.the.same. The comparison is offensive.
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-05-2016 at 07:45.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (14-05-2016)