Closed Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    But you don't have the right to judge how people spend their time.
    There are no rules about judging. People have opinions.That's life.

And considering the finches went to the media then yes I say I do have the right to an opinion on that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Big difference in 'choosing' to be apart from your kid to work v's stay and home with your partner relaxing (not working).

Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp..
    From my end I don't get why it's so hard to grasp that we don't have the right to judge how someone chooses to spend their time because they're a parent..well mother really. There's a thread on bh called wife widows. I haven't read it but there's yet to be a spin off about the selfish men who work 5 days a week and spend the 6th playing golf...which means they only get one day with their kids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I just had a thought: is judging only judging if it's negative?

If not - why is it ok to judge a situation (without all he facts even) in the positive but not the negative?

On that note good night ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are no rules about judging. People have opinions.That's life.

And considering the finches went to the media then yes I say I do have the right to an opinion on that one.
    That's where we're different, then. But I feel like if we were on Dr Phil he'd agree with me on this one 😅😛

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    From my end I don't get why it's so hard to grasp that we don't have the right to judge how someone chooses to spend their time .
    Because said judgee went to the media and told their story?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    That's where we're different, then. But I feel like if we were on Dr Phil he'd agree with me on this one 😅😛
    **** - have to agree with you on that!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Full House  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read it but there's yet to be a spin off about the selfish men who work 5 days a week and spend the 6th playing golf...which means they only get one day with their kids.
    Haha i was thinking the same thing!
    The parents who play sports themselves and train during the week and then play the games on the weekends, the ones who go fishing or golfing on the weekend, the gym goers, the parent who's children goes to the other parents one weekend and the grandparents house every second weekend.
    We could go on and on lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Big difference in 'choosing' to be apart from your kid to work v's stay and home with your partner relaxing (not working).

Not sure why this is so hard for people to grasp..
    It's because there are so many perfect people who don't judge and think everyone is wonderful.... Unless they disagree with them then 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I'm admittedly a bit tipsy right now and so feel okay to say.... This thread highlights the hypocrisy that is BH.

SOOOOOOOO many of you who are sticking up for her are always the first to have a dig at others on BH when they disagree with how they treat their children. And that's okay apparently,

But I (and others) are now apparently not allowed to say we think the actions of another parent are selfish, because God forbid we can't disagree with the BH majority! But we would be justified in making a dig about other 'big' issues in parenting, just not this.... I don't get why!?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    It's because there are so many perfect people who don't judge and think everyone is wonderful.... Unless they disagree with them then

I'm admittedly a bit tipsy right now and so feel okay to say.... This thread highlights the hypocrisy that is BH.

SOOOOOOOO many of you who are sticking up for her are always the first to have a dig at others on BH when they disagree with how they treat their children. And that's okay apparently,

But I (and others) are now apparently not allowed to say we think the actions of another parent are selfish, because God forbid we can't disagree with the BH majority! But we would be justified in making a dig about other 'big' issues in parenting, just not this.... I don't get why!?
    BH is BH you can't say sh!t without upsetting somebody - doesn't mean you can't be true to yourself and what works for you.
    I just think we all have such individual circumstances - RA&H cannot compare to VP who cannot compare to you who cannot compare to me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    It's because there are so many perfect people who don't judge and think everyone is wonderful.... Unless they disagree with them then 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I never participate in these topics, normally i pop into the reality tv one once a week and the ttc one every now and then, so i personally have no idea what this post means. I haven't jumped on or off any BH majority rules things and have no idea it even existed. I couldn't really care if it did to be honest.

I personally think, even with people outside BH, there will be people who wouldn't bat an eyelid or care about Rachaels parenting style, seriously, it doesn't change their life, so they don't care either way.
    Then there will be some who think it's outrageous, or selfish, or irresponsible and who come across quite offended by the idea and will make strong judgements on their style as they just don't like it.
    Then there are the people who think it's no different to any other family who don't spend time with their children on other days or nights of the week for whatever reasons they may be.

Everybody will have differences of opinion. Such is life. ☺

I don't think anyone has written here that you can't say that the actions of another parent are selfish.
    But that in their eyes they don't see this parenting style as being selfish.
    That's just 2 different opinions or judgements.
    Not 1 telling the other what they can, or can't think about it.

That's how i see it anyway.
    I haven't read that everyone must all agree at all

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-05-2016),Redcorset  (14-05-2016)