+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have 2 girls - 4.5 & 6mths. DD2 gets all of her sisters old clothes & toys. They adore each other - DD2 lights up when she sees DD1.
    I'm also one of 4 girls & we are all great friends.
    There wasn't anything we couldn't do with Dad just because we were girls.

There was a great article in the Huff Post earlier this year by a bloke entitled "The great list of things I can't do because I only have daughters".

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two daughters and it is lovely. They have a really special relationship already.

However, I feel the key issue for you more your husband wanting to try for a boy. I think the first thing is you should make sure you both actually want another child (rather than him just wanting a son). Because there is the possibility you could have anther girl. I would want to make sure he would be ok if that happened before I considered having another baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a sweet 15 month old daughter and an insane, intense, tantrumming, argumentative and clever 3 and a half year old daughter. 26 month gap. They are a handful and I can't wait till they grow to be friends as opposed to competitors for our attention! For some reason I see a lot of 'how great it is to have boys' memes on Facebook and even in comments from friends. Is there some kind of post-feminist backlash against girl children? Or am I overthinking things?!!!
    I absolutely love having my two girls. I am looking forward to raising my two girls into strong women.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    I've got a sweet 15 month old daughter and an insane, intense, tantrumming, argumentative and clever 3 and a half year old daughter. 26 month gap. They are a handful and I can't wait till they grow to be friends as opposed to competitors for our attention! For some reason I see a lot of 'how great it is to have boys' memes on Facebook and even in comments from friends. Is there some kind of post-feminist backlash against girl children? Or am I overthinking things?!!!
    I absolutely love having my two girls. I am looking forward to raising my two girls into strong women.
    Oh I find the opposite! Everyone I know with a girl wants another girl and everyone I know with a boy desperately seem to want a girl! I often find myself feeling sorry for all the future baby boya haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm the eldest of two girls and I love having a sister. There's a special bond with two girls which extends into adulthood, and if I could've picked a combination of genders for my own kids I would've loved two girls. I adore my DS and three step sons, boys are wonderful too, but having grown up with a sister I would've been quite happy with only girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one girl (and two boys) and I am done having children. The only time I get wistful about having more is when I feel bad for my daughter never growing up with a sister. I have a sister and we get closer and closer the older I get. I also have two brothers, but my relationship with my sister is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    I have one girl (and two boys) and I am done having children. The only time I get wistful about having more is when I feel bad for my daughter never growing up with a sister. I have a sister and we get closer and closer the older I get. I also have two brothers, but my relationship with my sister is different.
    This is me too, exactly! I feel bad for my poor DD reading through this thread, she is such a girly girl and would love a little sister. She even dresses DS2 up as Elsa sometimes, but I'm not sure how long he'll put up with that!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if you go for a third and have another girl? 😋

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of three girls, and we have always been close. Now I have two girls and we are looking at one more, I am kinda hoping for a boy but would be happy with either. We always intended to go to three though.

Three girls can mean one feels left out at times, but it also means you have multiple places to turn and a great support network. I often joke I don't know how my parents survived the teenage years. My two adore each other and I do look at that dynamic and wonder what a third will do to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    For some reason I see a lot of 'how great it is to have boys' memes on Facebook and even in comments from friends. Is there some kind of post-feminist backlash against girl children? Or am I overthinking things?!!!
    I think it's because more women seem sad to never have a daughter, therefore more of an effort is made to highlight why sons are great.