+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Great things about having 2 daughters

We've just had our second daughter. DH is inclined to try again for a boy but I'm pretty content with 2 girls. For those with two girls, please tell me what you love about it. I don't have any sisters but I've always imagined it would be great to have a sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two, one is 4 and the second 1. I love seeing them grow closer and start to play together. They argue and yell etc, but then the hug and laugh again and it makes it all worth it.

I also am enjoying watching my little one idolise her sister. She thinks her big sister is amazing!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two daughters!! It's amazing! They were born about 23 months apart. They love and care for each other, they have private jokes, only they get them, and they find them hilarious! They look for each other at school, they are proud of each other and love to show each other off, like "this is MY sister!" Kind of thing, if they meet a new friend, or go into each other's classrooms.

They can sometimes get annoyed and frustrated with each other, more because one wants to play a separate game to her sister. They both try to dictate which game, but they can't always agree..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Great things about having 2 daughters

Here's something to show your hubby
    http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-...s-are-happiest

Coming from a mum with 2 daughters and no plans for more!
    (Eta: I had 2 brothers and no sisters and always felt sadness that I don't have a sister so I'm pleased for my girls)
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 11-05-2016 at 19:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a toddler and 8 month old girls. 24 months almost to the day between them.
    Already they have little in jokes. I don't need to buy new toys, clothes and hand me downs etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 daughters. They're 5 and 4 years old now

They swap clothes (fight too!) also compliment each other randomly " I loooovve that dress!" Lol.

They don't share a bedroom but they have sleepovers in each other's rooms because they ask and want to be near each other. (Usually when they've been playing nicely or when they've just made up)

Have strange giggling fits that only they understand

Play anna and Elsa, taking turns to be each one. Wander about dressed up as them and other random Disney princesses, addressing each other as said character.Swap costumes too.

Pick flowers for each other, jump on trampoline and play on their bikes together

Dress up as princesses

Do each other's hair and have attempted to paint each other's fingernails and toes (this did not go well!)

They're both very girly so similar in that way

My 4 year old looks up to her big sis so much and my 5 year old looks out for her little sis.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and hand me downs!

I don't think my 4 year old has had much new at all! Probably mostly clothes that have been gifts.

And she is at the age where getting to wear her big sisters clothes is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 3 girls. 6&4yo and 7mth old. Needless to say I'm very happy with my munchkins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just had our third and fourth girls (id twins) but our older two are 3 and nearly two and adore each other. Yes they have their arguments but they are besties play dress ups princesses shops cooking etc together great imagination s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. Im16 weeks with dd2, DH was a bit disappointed when we found out, but for me 2 is it. Like you I don't have a sister, but hope that it will be wonderful for my girls 😀