+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Whaddya mean? It's a great BH sport to vigorously judge/defend/attack posters while likely only knowing a small percentage of the facts.
    And that reminds me of why I'm not here.
    Peace out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-05-2016),VicPark  (12-05-2016)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good luck to them

if it works for them, and they are happy - go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Rachael Finch under fire - MIL babysits child every weekend

Slightly off-topic but I love that 90-95% of comments on this thread are along the lines of "if it works for them, who am I to judge". It's so refreshing after reading the comments on another parenting site (which seems to be blocked from being mentioned here 😜) and wherever else I read this article. I commented on the "what do you love about bubhub" thread recently and said BH has made me way less judgey as I don't know anyone else's circumstances. I'm not sure if everyone else on here was like that when they joined, but this thread is evidence of just how great this community is at supporting other mums and families choices.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-05-2016),babyno1onboard  (12-05-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (12-05-2016),Happymum2  (12-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-05-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (12-05-2016),Ngaiz  (12-05-2016),Renn  (12-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (12-05-2016),TreeGirl  (12-05-2016),Wise Enough  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To be honest I'm struggling to understand why they would want to do it. Like a few previous posters I think every second weekend but that is based on the assumption that the parents aren't getting much time with her during the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Rachael Finch under fire - MIL babysits child every weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    but this thread is evidence of just how great this community is at supporting other mums and families choices.
    Mostly, but not always I'm going to start a spinoff about 'judging' so not to derail.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 12-05-2016 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing that surprises me is that she would give away so much detail on her own family situation, as she's clearly been slammed for it.

Maybe though, it will make some couples think again about having some couple time together, which so easily gets lost when you have kids. Every weekend wouldn't work for a lot of people, def not me, but the odd weekend night here and there if you had the family support could probably do wonders for a relationship where you don't get much time alone together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    The only thing that surprises me is that she would give away so much detail on her own family situation, as she's clearly been slammed for it.

Maybe though, it will make some couples think again about having some couple time together, which so easily gets lost when you have kids. Every weekend wouldn't work for a lot of people, def not me, but the odd weekend night here and there if you had the family support could probably do wonders for a relationship where you don't get much time alone together.
    I agree both of these sentiments. Seriously she must be incredibly naive to let that much information out and expect not to have a negative response.

As for alone time, I have really struggled to take "me" time since having kids. Largely though because we have no family support its not really been available. If I pay for anyone to have the kids it's so I can work.

It's actually quite nice now the kids are getting older to have time for myself without feeling immense guilt.

As for Rachael, I think back to the time when I was a mum of 1 and DD1 was only 2. I loved loved loved spending all weekend with her and DH. It was like we were in a little bubble just the 3 of us. You never have that time again once you have more kids, and my eldest was such a delight at that age. So I guess I am projecting my own life onto hers which is what we all do to some degree.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-05-2016),VicPark  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post

It definitely helps to have alone time as a couple. As I mentioned in a PP my DD goes to FOB's house every fortnight (usually, when not in hospital), and it does wonders for us to have time together. We sometimes joke that every couple should divorce so that they get kid free weekends (obviously very much joking around, it totally sucks to have a failed marriage and broken family). I guess the couple in the article have this without actually having to get divorced! I think it's just the frequency of it that irks most people. DP and I are happy with fortnightly kid free weekends, I wouldn't do it every week though.

I wonder if this couple will change their tune as their child gets older? I find that I enjoy the company of my kids more and more as they get older. It makes me want to spend more time with them...not less. Plus I know that once they reach a certain age they'll choose their friends over family so I want to make the most of it while they're young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Slightly off-topic but I love that 90-95% of comments on this thread are along the lines of "if it works for them, who am I to judge". It's so refreshing after reading the comments on another parenting site (which seems to be blocked from being mentioned here ������) and wherever else I read this article. I commented on the "what do you love about bubhub" thread recently and said BH has made me way less judgey as I don't know anyone else's circumstances. I'm not sure if everyone else on here was like that when they joined, but this thread is evidence of just how great this community is at supporting other mums and families choices.
    My partner is heavily involved in another parenting site...keeps it running essentially. WOW, it's bi***y!!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Is she really high profile? I have absolutely no idea who she is and even after reading her wiki page still don't have a clue who she is.
    Not to sure. High profile enough for everyone to pounce on her about this. I would not say super high profile but I would have assumed that she would get invited to appear at events, and be paid to be there. She is one of the stars that is always somewhere in the background in places like the birdcage at the Melbourne cup.