+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Each to their own. My sister and BIL have a similar arrangement with my folks. My nephew will go to my parents place every Friday after daycare. He will usually go home Saturday afternoon/evening. Sometimes he'll stay til Sunday if my sister has to work Saturday afternoon/night. It works for them. Doesn't mean my sister and BIL love him any less. My folks love having my nephew there every weekend and my nephew loves spending time with them. Grandad is basically his favourite person in the world. (Some days I reckon Grandad even trumps mum and dad!) FWIW Nephew will soon be 4 and this has been their arrangement for just over 2 years.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (12-05-2016),NORgirl  (11-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The comment "and we get our weekend to ourselves" irks me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamessmum For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (11-05-2016),ChatlotteA  (12-05-2016),VicPark  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't get it. I just don't. It's so far from my style of parenting. But that ok. We don't all parent the same. Hell lot of hub wouldn't agree with things I do either.
    In the end if the child is with someone that loves him and he is safe and well. He/she will thrive.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Whatever works for other people doesn't bother me. By the sounds of it, her and her husband would hardly see each other during the week so are probably in need of quality time by the end of the week.

Personally it sounds like my worst nightmare. I couldn't leave ds overnight with the grandparents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Who cares what they do!
    There is a regular hubber here (I can't remember who!) whose signature quote is something like 'Life is ours. We live it our way'. And it's so spot on here. I spent years subconsciously imposing my belief system onto others but am slowly realising that the richness of others' life experiences and how they have come to be who they are, means that my values may well be entirely meaningless to them!

We know nothing, nothing at all about the detail of this family's life and what truly is behind their decision to involve their child's grandmother in this way. It's a story that plays out time and time again both here on the hub and in real life. We have no right to conclude that their decision is (for example) morally wrong or distasteful as we have zero capacity to stand in their shoes.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (12-05-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (11-05-2016),Happymum2  (11-05-2016),Homeschooling4  (15-05-2016),JR03  (11-05-2016),Kristyj  (11-05-2016),misskittyfantastico  (11-05-2016),Ngaiz  (11-05-2016),Soon2be4  (13-05-2016),Wise Enough  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    Who cares what they do!
    There is a regular hubber here (I can't remember who!) whose signature quote is something like 'Life is ours. We live it our way'. And it's so spot on here. I spent years subconsciously imposing my belief system onto others but am slowly realising that the richness of others' life experiences and how they have come to be who they are, means that my values may well be entirely meaningless to them!

We know nothing, nothing at all about the detail of this family's life and what truly is behind their decision to involve their child's grandmother in this way. It's a story that plays out time and time again both here on the hub and in real life. We have no right to conclude that their decision is (for example) morally wrong or distasteful as we have zero capacity to stand in their shoes.
    Very well said!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Who cares what they do!

Beautifully said!
    last time I checked, I wasn't in the entertainment industry, my husband wasn't a dance teacher and we didn't have a 2.5 year old!
    I saw bits of this on FB and think it's sad how much we attack without knowing - but hello to the internet!
    Not my circus. Not my monkey.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (12-05-2016),Happymum2  (12-05-2016),JR03  (11-05-2016)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know much about their arrangement but I assume that the little girl would have a wonderful bond with her Grandma, I imagine the grandma enjoys the time and would speak up if need be.

It is also possible that being as high profile as she is, Rachel probably has a lot of engagements so this arrangement may be the one that provides more stability for the little one.

As someone whose child doesn't have a grandparent I'm a little bit jealous that they have such wonderful family support.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I don't know much about their arrangement but I assume that the little girl would have a wonderful bond with her Grandma, I imagine the grandma enjoys the time and would speak up if need be.

It is also possible that being as high profile as she is, Rachel probably has a lot of engagements so this arrangement may be the one that provides more stability for the little one.

As someone whose child doesn't have a grandparent I'm a little bit jealous that they have such wonderful family support.
    Is she really high profile? I have absolutely no idea who she is and even after reading her wiki page still don't have a clue who she is.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),ertgirl  (16-05-2016),VicPark  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Whaddya mean? It's a great BH sport to vigorously judge/defend/attack posters while likely only knowing a small percentage of the facts.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (12-05-2016),Ngaiz  (11-05-2016),TreeGirl  (12-05-2016)