+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I see nothing wrong with it- it works for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    It's certainly not something we would do, we would miss the kids too much and visa versa, but as long as the child is loved and well cared for, who am I to judge. The comments about it being similar to day care I think are a fair one. Lots of kids spend 50 hours a week in care and see their parents maybe an hour either side of care. No judgment there either, just that when you break it down like that they are actually in DC longer.

Again, there is no way we would do that. But Mums say they stay home bc they couldn't bare their child in care and are roasted and called judgmental. This child has around the clock parental care Monday to Friday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What is the point in being a family unit if their little girl only see's and spends time with both her parents on a Sunday just so they can live the couple life every weekend and go out and for nice dinners and party and not the family life. Grandma should be receiving Centrelink then if she is caring for her grand daughter then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    What is the point in being a family unit if their little girl only see's and spends time with both her parents on a Sunday just so they can live the couple life every weekend and go out and for nice dinners and party and not the family life. Grandma should be receiving Centrelink then if she is caring for her grand daughter then.
    I dunno, we only have one day a week where the 4 of us are home. It suck's, but that's life for us.
    Both parents in our family have a fair bit of one on one time with the kids, but we only have one day together the 4 of us. And that seems pretty similar to their family?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD goes to FOB's house from Friday to Sunday every fortnight, so every second weekend DP and I are kid free (that is when DD isn't in hospital). I couldn't do it every weekend though. I think family time is important too, kids included in that. But then it's none of anyone else's business, really, is it? I don't judge them for doing that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think this sounds totally fine. Some days, some work weeks, i dont see my children awake. It sounds like they both work very different work hours, and they both care for bub during the days and nights during the week. That is more than most working people can manage. Mine have to go to childcare and oosh etc. I could use a bit more quality couple time .Good on them, I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh... not something I agree with or would do.
    We both work, I study too but the afternoons/evenings and weekends are time we cherish with our 3 cherubs, couldn't imagine not seeing them for a few days. We may as well not have had them if we wanted to palm them off every weekend.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think this is no one's business but their own. If everyone concerned is happy with the arrangements then end of story..:-)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Homeschooling4  (15-05-2016),rusty22  (11-05-2016),TheGooch  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good for them. Honestly, there are so many ways to be a family. The nuclear family with parents (or daycare) solely responsible for a child is a very modern - and for many people a very problematic - notion. The kid is loved, the family's happy. Who gives a ****?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (12-05-2016),HillDweller  (11-05-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (11-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-05-2016),sabrew  (11-05-2016),Wise Enough  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Rachael Finch under fire - MIL babysits child every weekend

I understand needing a break but Friday evening - Sunday morning every week? I find that to be rather precious, a little lazy and a tad distasteful all at the same time.
    Why have kids if you're going to farm them out 2 nights every single week. Get a pet dog instead - they are cuddly, you can leave them alone for hours on end and you still get your trendy paparazzi photos (even better if the dog can fit in your oversized Gucci handbag).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (11-05-2016),babybeeno1  (11-05-2016)