+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well it's not all weekend anyway if she gets picked up on Sunday mornings? They have Sunday together.

Anyway... I don't care what others do but this isn't for me. I would consider it once a month though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'm not sure how this differs from parents putting their kids into daycare, except the kids get to bond with their grandparents?
    I can't read the article though so there may be more to the story.
    Because kids don't go to daycare overnight?

I get that she and her husband work different hours to more typical jobs so it probably works particularly while their daughter is so young. But 2 nights a week away from me would not work. I am almost never away from my kids overnight. I miss them too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im surprised she gave up so much detail to the media as obviously she'll be slammed for it.

Hours wise, it's prob not much different to folks who need to have their kids in full time daycare I guess, all families have different requirements.

Wouldn't work for me but meh, neither would a lot of other arrangements. They look like a happy family, the daughter is always with family and is loved so that would seem a pretty good outcome.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (11-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Because kids don't go to daycare overnight?

I get that she and her husband work different hours to more typical jobs so it probably works particularly while their daughter is so young. But 2 nights a week away from me would not work. I am almost never away from my kids overnight. I miss them too much.
    Many parents get home from work after their kids have gone to bed as well. My mum will put DD to bed when I start work as I won't get home in time. I will see her for about 15 mins each morning. That's just life! Actually typing that is making me want to cry 😥

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (15-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Many parents get home from work after their kids have gone to bed as well. My mum will put DD to bed when I start work as I won't get home in time. I will see her for about 15 mins each morning. That's just life! Actually typing that is making me want to cry 😥
    I've been there too. When I worked with my first 2 kids I regularly only saw them in the mornings. Sucked big time.

I suppose in my head I can justify it for work but not for down time.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (11-05-2016),gingermillie  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    From my personal opinion.

PND screams at me. Not sure why but with my kids I just wanted to get rid of them continuesly and I didn't realise I was in a fog. Maybe not maybe they just want there life style. And maybe they just have a family 'nanny' I dunno.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Each to their own. I don't think they aren't any means a regular couple. I seem to recall Rachael modelling maybe a week or so after her DD was born. I think as glamorous as their lives look Celebs have a huge pressure to carry on their commitments despite having a baby. Of course it's their choice but I don't think it's as simple as it's made out to be.

I personally wouldn't do this even if it were an option. But I don't judge those that do. I know plenty of people would frown on DH and I taking a child free holiday when DS1 was 2, but for us it was crucial for our relationship and I think DS was lucky to spend quality time with his grandparents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I saw this this morning and felt really bad for her, some of the comments were awful. One woman commented that 'it's a cop out, being a mother is 24/7 not whenever you feel like it'. That comment really annoyed me. I come from a different cultural background, if we lived in our country of origin life would be so different, we'd literally have a village raising our children with us. My daughter spends one day a week with each of her grandmothers and she often has weekend sleepovers with them. It doesn't do any of us any harm. DD loves the time she spends with her grandparents and the feeling is mutual, and before we had our newborn it gave DH and I plenty of time alone, it worked for all of us. If it works for her family I don't see why anyone should be upset by that. The western idea that parents (especially mothers) should do it all and do it alone is in my opinion unreasonable, if help is available I don't see the harm in accepting it.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (11-05-2016),Anjalee  (11-05-2016),babyno1onboard  (11-05-2016),ButterflyMa  (14-05-2016),Cue  (11-05-2016),Gentoo  (11-05-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (12-05-2016),Happymum2  (11-05-2016),HillDweller  (11-05-2016),Homeschooling4  (15-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-05-2016),Renn  (11-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-05-2016),Shrillian  (29-11-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does not suit me but it works for them.

She is copping a lot of flack but I applaud her for being brave and publicly giving information on their parenting.

Not all families are the same. We all parent differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the issue is because they are doing this for down time. Work is one thing. Wanting a kid free weekend every single weekend is another.

I also thought about the Grandma, yeah, I'm sure she loves her Granddaughter but does she really never.ever have something else she'd like to do on a Friday or Saturday night?

I did wonder when they hang out as a family unit if the parents tag team (although in the article I read it says her other Grandma does the evening shift when Dad goes to work in the afternoon). One afternoon a week isn't much, when you are doing that by choice.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (11-05-2016),WinterJade  (12-05-2016),yadot  (11-05-2016)