+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone a professional photographer?

I am looking at starting a photography course to freshen up my skills and learn everything I need to know, but I am wondering what kind of course I need to do to start up a business. Does it have to be a recognised course? Do I even need to have qualifications to start my own little business? Any input would be great!
    Last edited by bubbasmum; 10-05-2016 at 20:40.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a photographer but DH best mate is ( he is also our property photographer) and DH helped him start his business about 8 years ago - he did a photography course but you don't need any qualifications to start your own business - you just need to be good! He's done heaps of training with re touching and editing and is constantly learning and keeping up to date with technology which is important - it did cost him from memory around $30,000 in equipment and he just works from home but has built up a great database ( mainly real estate agents) and has a few shoots every day - definitely talk to your accountant and do basic business planning , budgets and marketing plans as it will be tough until you build up your data base

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info @Elijahs Mum. Its very helpful. I have just found an 8 week Tafe course that I'm thinking about. I know I will have to practice and perfect my skill. At the moment its just a hobby but yeh I would like to take it further. Now that I am a SAHM i have quite a bit of time to think about things I want to do in the future lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (10-05-2016)