+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Follicles with no eggs

Hi all,
    So we just finished 3rd ivf extraction and the results are the same as the previous two ivf rounds. Lots of follicles but many with no eggs. Only 3 eggs this time. What's going on? I know i should be happy with 3 eggs its better than none. Its just i was hoping the results would improve with different meds and i would have some to freeze this time.

First IVF we had 8 follicles, only 4 containing eggs and 100% fertilisation. Only one was suitable for transfer (day 5) which didn't implant. I was on GonalF, Cetrotide and trigger Ovidrel. Second IVF, GonalF, Orgalutran and Ovidrel. Results 9 follicles, with 3 eggs. 2 fertilised but only one suitable for transfer (day 2). There was an implant but unfortunately it didnt work. 3rd IVF, changed to Elonva, Orgalutran and Ovidrel. Scan showed lots of follicles all around 20mm. We were hopefully of getting a greater number of eggs than the previous IVF rounds. Today's extraction 13 follicles, with 3 eggs. I don't understand? Ive been reading up on empty follicle syndrome. I don't know if i have this. Im just at a loss.

Has anyone had the same issue? Did your egg results improve? If so, what meds were you on?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry you are having a tough time, do you know what your AMH level is ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by bendithion View Post
    Hi all,
    So we just finished 3rd ivf extraction and the results are the same as the previous two ivf rounds. Lots of follicles but many with no eggs. Only 3 eggs this time. What's going on? I know i should be happy with 3 eggs its better than none. Its just i was hoping the results would improve with different meds and i would have some to freeze this time.

First IVF we had 8 follicles, only 4 containing eggs and 100% fertilisation. Only one was suitable for transfer (day 5) which didn't implant. I was on GonalF, Cetrotide and trigger Ovidrel. Second IVF, GonalF, Orgalutran and Ovidrel. Results 9 follicles, with 3 eggs. 2 fertilised but only one suitable for transfer (day 2). There was an implant but unfortunately it didnt work. 3rd IVF, changed to Elonva, Orgalutran and Ovidrel. Scan showed lots of follicles all around 20mm. We were hopefully of getting a greater number of eggs than the previous IVF rounds. Today's extraction 13 follicles, with 3 eggs. I don't understand? Ive been reading up on empty follicle syndrome. I don't know if i have this. Im just at a loss.

Has anyone had the same issue? Did your egg results improve? If so, what meds were you on?

Thanks.

Empty Follicle Syndrome would usually be when all the follicles are empty Luv, but what you've been through is pretty close. I'm really sorry as it must be so bloody frustrating for you not to mention disappointing and totally upsetting

Reading your last 2 protocols, I'd suggest that your Trigger shot should be changed to Pregnyl. Get rid of the Ovidrel I reckon. I personally haven't experienced empty follicles, only immature eggs on Cycle number 3 when 7 out of my 9 eggs were immature. The first 3 Cycles I was given Ovidrel to Trigger with.

The last 2 Cycles I did I used Pregnyl to Trigger (with my new FS). Other than that, you could try stimming with Puregon instead of Gonal-F. The Cetrotide/Orgalutran are much of a muchness. I've always used Cetrotide and down regulated with Lucrin or Synarel.

What kind of protocols have you done?? Long down regulated or short "Flare" Cycles?? Do you know your AMH? Do you have PCOS. diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) and are you a more mature vintage like myself??

Here's a link from Dr Shers website that you may have already seen, so apologies if you have:

http://haveababy.com/fertility-infor...n-done-prevent

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Follicles with no eggs

I had 5 eggs from 12 even follicles. 4 fertilised, 1st one bfp. My Fs said it was weird cos the odd empty is common but lots along with being empty! Meaning no cells or cellular remnants just fluid. So I describe it as maybe I had been shooting blanks and not known it since my ovulation via scan and blood test was perfect .... All of my follicles bleed too, which again apparently only the odd one usually does....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with previous post.
    Change to puregon and trigger with pregnyl.
    Use crinone for extra progesterone.
    What is ur amh,
    What other tests have u done. Have u tested ur thyroid and for nk cells?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying.

I had my AMH retested after the 2nd IVF as it was 2years ago when i did the original. My reserve is high for someone my age 37 and i dont have PCOS. Just heard from the FS all 3 eggs fertilised. I was also told that looking further at the empty follicles there completely empty. Meaning there's no cellular material that usually surrounds the egg. So it seems my body producers blank follicles. Anyway day 2 transfer. Wish me luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bendithion View Post
    Thanks for replying.

I had my AMH retested after the 2nd IVF as it was 2years ago when i did the original. My reserve is high for someone my age 37 and i dont have PCOS. Just heard from the FS all 3 eggs fertilised. I was also told that looking further at the empty follicles there completely empty. Meaning there's no cellular material that usually surrounds the egg. So it seems my body producers blank follicles. Anyway day 2 transfer. Wish me luck!
    All the best for this cycle, glad you have some embryos to work with! In the absence of a very low AMH, I'm in agreement with pp who suggested a change in your trigger meds. Good luck!!