+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    My 2 went into their own rooms day we got home from hospital each time .
    Mine too, they were too noisy, they both were grunters from day 1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 was somewhere between 2-3 months I can't remember. He was too noisy and he slept better on his own.

Currently transitioning DS2 who is 9.5 weeks. He has his first sleep of the night in the nursery (until 10-11pm when he wakes for first feed), then I bring him into bassinet as I don't want to have to walk down the hall and he is really inconsistent with when he will next wake, sometimes it's an hour later. After 3/4am he is in bed with me. I don't think that will change even after he moves fully into the nursery, he just won't settle that time of morning unless next to me. But hopefully that will change soon.

I sleep better when my babes are in their own rooms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD and I moved into our spare room (her in cot me in spare bed) when my DH went back to work when she was a month old. I stayed in the spare room with her full time til she was about 5 months old. Then she started sleeping well til 4-6am and I went back to the main bedroom and only slept in the room with her from when she woke up as I'd feed her put her back in the cot and I'd go back to sleep and not have to worry about getting woken up when DH would get up for work!
    Then we went through a terrible time sleep wise which coincided with us moving her cot into her own bedroom (I think the bad sleeping was coincidental) so we bought a king single bed for her room and I went back to sleeping in her room full time for ages. We eventually moved her cot back into the spare room to see if that would help her sleeping and decided that can be her room permanently. Her sleeping is variable at 10 months old and she still has one overnight feed around 3-4am. I sleep with DH til she wakes and then I go feed her and sleep in her room the rest of the night mainly so DH doesn't wake me when he gets up at 6 plus I'm paranoid I won't hear the monitor when she wakes and I'm zonked out home alone 😁
    I haven't noticed any difference in her sleeping whether I'm in the room with her or not except when she's distressed or really unsettled then me being there does help her. I don't mind at all. I'd have her in our room still but DH is noisy and would keep her awake I think and wake her when he gets up for work.
    I think the right time is different for every family and every baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was 2. Shes 4.5 and sleeps fine in her room most of the time although she has been waking due to the cold.

DS we transitioned at maybe 14 months? He still comes into our bed part way through though. We have been lucky that we've squeezed the cot in so they could stay in our room longer.

OP I think its fine to want to not put him in his own room yet. Different things suit different people - some find it better for both baby and parents to sleep in separate rooms, other find it better in the same room. I was too lazy to go retroeve them from another room a gazillion time a night and even now I still feel most at peace when they are both near me, even though I do get a poorer sleep qhen they are

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD - about 4 months...I think. she slept a lot better in her own room, but I regret moving her that young.

DS - currently in a cot right next to our bed at 11 months. He won't be moving until he pretty much sleeps through the night, as he'll be sharing a room with his sister.

You do whatever works for your family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From when they came home - 1 week old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is almost 4 and he sleeps in our bed. DD is 7 months and she is in our room too in a bassinet next to my side of the bed. We actually love having them with us. We're in the process of renovations and once we are finished the kids will share the room right across the hall from us but I don't expect the cosleeping will end anytime soon.

We got sick of getting up to a screaming child 50 times a night and found that we were all happier and getting more sleep having DS in our bed. DD still wakes through the night and I breastfeed so the thought of having to get out of bed to get her and feed her at least 3 times a night sounds like fresh hell to me. DH and DS both sleep through our girl waking even though we are in the same room.

Do whatever works for you!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (10-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was born when we were renting a 1 bedroom house so she couldn't go into her own room then. She was about 5 months old when she went into her own room when we bought our first home this year, and she's been sleeping really well in there and she's now 6.5 months old!

I still check on her all the time even though we have an audio monitor and a breathing monitor. The first night was hard to transition, but it was harder for me, she was fine!

Everyone is different tho, just do what feels right for you! My brother has 3 kids and they all stayed in their room with them in a cot until they were 2. They did have a harder time transitioning into their own room, took about a year for their eldest to stop coming in at night, their 2 year old still comes in at night too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 was 4mths old. Regretted it very very much.
    Dd2 was 17 mths old. We were both ready for it.
    Dd3 is 7mths and still in her bassinet next to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

deku  (10-05-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Um...27 months and still in with us. No plans to change atm.