+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default own room

When did your children go into own room at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    following!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd was around 4-6 weeks as i found we both had a better night sleep in her own room and I just had the monitor on.
    Ds he was over 8 weeks he wasnt as noisy a sleeper as his sister.
    Both times it was when I was comfortable having them in their own room there is no right or wrong time to do this, whatever your comfortable with

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    is there such thing as leaving it too late? ds will be 3 months old later this month and he's still in with us. depending on how he goes fitting in his bassinet over the next few months, I was thinking of keeping him in with us til about 6 months. is that too late? like can they get attached to sharing our room and then bawk when we try to transition him to his own room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was 8 months, and only after a stint at sleep school. I still miss him in our bed, but he sleeps so much better now on his own.

It's been a month, and I still find it hard after having him so close for so long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    is there such thing as leaving it too late? ds will be 3 months old later this month and he's still in with us. depending on how he goes fitting in his bassinet over the next few months, I was thinking of keeping him in with us til about 6 months. is that too late? like can they get attached to sharing our room and then bawk when we try to transition him to his own room?
    No, you're not leaving it too late i think the SIDS guidelines still say 12 months in your room in a bassinet/cot but you can do it when it feels right for you.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (10-05-2016),Renn  (10-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Straight away kind of, but I slept in a camp bed next to both or on the lounge next to them in a rocker bed.
    They were both on their own around 4-5 months when I transitioned them to the cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we still have 2.5yr old DS with us as have a BIG house split level and he wld be too far away am so scared of monitor going off. Also with this croup episode am scared of not hearing him if he gets badly croupy, he sleeps in a portacot. Am I being silly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    It's not too late, and even if they get attached, they adapt pretty quickly. Both my boys stayed in with us until around 5 months, which was when they no longer fit in the bassinet. They transitioned fine.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    It's not too late, and even if they get attached, they adapt pretty quickly. Both my boys stayed in with us until around 5 months, which was when they no longer fit in the bassinet. They transitioned fine.
    thanks.

yeah this is what we would like to do. keep him in the basso in our room until he's too big for the bassinet. then he can go into his cot in his own room.

this time when they're so tiny is so fleeting, I love him being so close by to us at night. we are in no rush to get rid of him into his own room just yet

14. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (10-05-2016)