+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I imagine your DH believes the amount he pays towards his kids is an excellent investment.
    Wow, so much judgement.

No he doesn't.

I am more than happy to pay half of all expenses and child support. And I am more than happy to pay 100% of the cost of their time with us.

I am NOT happy to pay above that when their mother constantly threatens us because we "don't help at all".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    From memory, there's more to the story than just how much they pay in CS, so maybe back off with the smart *** replies.
    Thanks. There is much more to it.

Basically, we want the kids 50/50 but she refuses as then she wouldn't be 'able to get as much money from us'- her words.

As stated, I am happy to pay for their upbringing. My bio father paid nothing towards mine, and I refuse to let me stepkids go without. But 50/50 is fair. Especially as their mother earns more than their father.
    She just refuses to buy stuff for them- we actually had to buy new winter clothes for her house for them as she refused.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (11-05-2016),Blessedwith3boys  (16-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    From memory, there's more to the story than just how much they pay in CS, so maybe back off with the smart *** replies.
    Perhaps I could have worded my response in a more sensitive manner @atomicmama

It wasn't my intention to be a 'smart ****'.

What I was responding to was the issue of a Father's responsibility to pay for his kids.

I'm not aware of the backstory. There are so many of us sharing our stories on Bubhub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Perhaps I could have worded my response in a more sensitive manner @atomicmama

It wasn't my intention to be a 'smart ****'.

What I was responding to was the issue of a Father's responsibility to pay for his kids.

I'm not aware of the backstory. There are so many of us sharing our stories on Bubhub.
    That would be fine if I hadn't specified "we"- we pay. He cannot afford it all so I have to pay towards them (at her house) too.

Again, would be fine if she wasn't such a [_____] about it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I didn't say I inherit all of them, or from whom.
    There's no judgement in my post, I'm just curious as to how it works. I assume it's a cultural thing. Wish people left me properties!!! I'm the youngest though so I would be snarky if my sister got them because she's older 😄

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

DT75  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I inherited a small amount when my mother passed away, and bought a house for $84 less $7K first homeowners. It's postage stamp sized on a massive block so a great investment, I paid it off while single and it has paid me a small income ever since. So yes - in the lucky camp, however I'd trade it for my mum back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought my first house using the first home owners grant, plus I got a loan for 103% of the value of my house. I didn't save up anything, plus I didn't even have a permanent job! I was only temporary at my job lol. That was well before the GFC, obviously

We renovated and sold that, then rented and bought a block of land to build on. Then we sold that and rented until we found our house out in the country. Every time we've sold, we've increased our money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stayed at home til 26, then bought, it was tight until I got a partner, which ironically was my dh, he moved in as my housemate from realestate.com, never left.... House paid off at 29, with a second inv property too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    There's no judgement in my post, I'm just curious as to how it works. I assume it's a cultural thing. Wish people left me properties!!! I'm the youngest though so I would be snarky if my sister got them because she's older ������
    Iron clad wills, being the sole child of a former relationship, being the eldest grandchild (great grandchild too), etc.

My other siblings get things too- but they are from another relationship so they get things from that.