+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofjay View Post
    Just thought I would let you all know he arrived yesterday afternoon Attachment 81183
    My mother in law came and seen him today, oh what a shame father in law had to be at work!
    Ooh he's beautiful!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mil was giving me sex advice. I dunno I'm creeped out by that 😂😂

I was like I ain't having sex with someone that doesn't show love etc in any other way. The end.

She said but men feel loved by sex. Um no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My mil asked me who cuts my DS's hair. I responded with my hairdresser. Her blunt response was 'she doesn't know how to cut hair.' I could only muster a 'huh?'
    She promptly informed me that *her* hairdresser knows how to cut hair so that becomes curly or straight. After I picked myself up off of the floor from laughter I asked her what she was talking about. He apparently can cut it so that the hair becomes curly. Ummmmmmmmm sure he can, MIL.

FWIW she explained the technique she is talking about and it is a technique suited to curly hair (which DS has) but in no way can make hair curl. And he did not create this technique. Sorry, MIL, he is not the magical creature you believe him to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mil asked why she didn't get an invite to my baby shower (due end of July, c-sec 10/7), because I didn't want you there. She showers on the odd Occassion and I swear she wears the same clothes day in day out and never changes even after we have bought her tonnes of new clothes to wear. Then there is the SIL, omg, you hear her voice and pretend to not even be home ! We all avoid them at all costs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Have I got a doozy for this thread! So yesterday DS pooped during his nap and before we got him up he took off his nappy and proceeded to smear poop all over the walls and carpet. Whatever. It is what it is, he's a toddler and he's learning, he knows his nappy is yucky but not what to do with it (if you've never had to deal with this, lucky you!).

Anyway, DH told MIL about it today. The first thing she asked was "did you smack him?" to which DH said "no, we don't smack and it was too late for that anyway.". Then she said...

"Did you rub his nose in it like a dog?"

WTF?!?!?! DH said "no because he's not a dog!". This has totally reinforced our decision that he will NOT go stay with them for a long time. I'm thinking about five years old. I just can't even...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Have I got a doozy for this thread! So yesterday DS pooped during his nap and before we got him up he took off his nappy and proceeded to smear poop all over the walls and carpet. Whatever. It is what it is, he's a toddler and he's learning, he knows his nappy is yucky but not what to do with it (if you've never had to deal with this, lucky you!).

Anyway, DH told MIL about it today. The first thing she asked was "did you smack him?" to which DH said "no, we don't smack and it was too late for that anyway.". Then she said...

"Did you rub his nose in it like a dog?"

WTF?!?!?! DH said "no because he's not a dog!". This has totally reinforced our decision that he will NOT go stay with them for a long time. I'm thinking about five years old. I just can't even...
    omg. wtf.

she can't have been serious!? what a cruel and disgusting thing to suggest!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omg. wtf.

she can't have been serious!? what a cruel and disgusting thing to suggest!!
    She was serious. DH made me promise not to get angry before he told me and I've agreed not to say anything to her till I've calmed down.

This is 100% why I don't want DS staying with them till he's toilet trained, can swim (they live on the canals) and has enough of an understanding of things to be able to tell us anything that happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    She was serious. DH made me promise not to get angry before he told me and I've agreed not to say anything to her till I've calmed down.

This is 100% why I don't want DS staying with them till he's toilet trained, can swim (they live on the canals) and has enough of an understanding of things to be able to tell us anything that happens.
    totally fair enough too!!

even then I'd be a bit worried. I just can't fathom who'd ever suggest such a thing. it seems medieval?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SH!T my MIL says #2

Oh my god!!!!

I don't even rub dogs nose in it, let alone children.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's is disgusting. I think you'd be justified in not allowing your children to ever be with them unsupervised - until they're in their teens and only if they want to!!