+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me about your dish washer please....

Which dishwasher do you love / dislike?

Pros and cons please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Following to see answers as we are hopefully getting one soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We have a Bosch and it's amazing!!! I'm really glad we spent the extra $ as it gets a flogging! Oh and it's really quiet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will add. A few people I know have got no name brands and they just never seem to completely clean and dry. I don't see the point of a dishwasher if you still have to dry the dishes.

Also buy good quality tablets and rinse aid. We tried cheaper brands and they just didn't work for us at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Which dishwasher do you love / dislike?

Pros and cons please
    The dishwasher at our house is a 1977 model, approximately 177cm tall, brunette. In other words, it's ME! Haha! But to answer your question seriously, I've previously had both Bosch and Miele ones. Both really good. Bosch would probably be my first pick, I recall that it did a great job on tough baked on food.

Edit: I don't recommend the drawer type of dishwasher. Horrible to load and mine did a crap job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I will add. A few people I know have got no name brands and they just never seem to completely clean and dry. I don't see the point of a dishwasher if you still have to dry the dishes.

Also buy good quality tablets and rinse aid. We tried cheaper brands and they just didn't work for us at all.
    Years ago we had one in a place we rented and it seemed to be just a cheapie. The top rack was never cleaned properly.

I'm mainly after a good standalone one that can fit a lot in it. I'm not too fussed on noise or length of cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Miele and it is amazing. It has a cutlery draw up the top so no space wasted for the basket.

Everything comes out spotless, dry and streak free. Best of all it is extremely quiet.

I've had cheaper ones in other homes and I really think it's worth the extra money for a good one.

This is the cutlery draw because I don't know how to explain it. https://m.miele.com.au/domestic/1752...=200019009-ZPV

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

giveitago  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Bosch. Had Miele in last house but it was hopeless. Wondering if our last Miele was a dud as I have and like all their other products - ovens, induction cooktop, washing machine, dryer etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have Miele. Really love it. I do wish we got the cutlery drawer at the top. Otherwise - it washes well. Has good water ratings. Is quiet. Have not had issues for the 4ish years I have had it.

I am also going to add the drawer type dishwashers are rubbish. Had them at work. They were terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz987 View Post
    I have Bosch. Had Miele in last house but it was hopeless. Wondering if our last Miele was a dud as I have and like all their other products - ovens, induction cooktop, washing machine, dryer etc.
    I was given an old Miele dishwasher when a family member renovated their kitchen, and it was pretty good, but the Bosch one in an apartment I rented with exH was much better by far.