+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would seek a new scan,
    I went to one with my first pregnancy (dating scan) they could see nothing, came back in a week *oh, MAYBE that there is a sac but no baby yet* (I was 5 weeks) came back 10 days later *oh yep, there's the developing baby and heartbeat* turns out I was to early, totally normal to not see anything on a scan at 5 weeks, he wasnt even sure what we'd see at 6 weeks 3 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be requesting a new scan. If she's going to have the baby privately, most OB's scan themselves these days. Otherwise tell her to see a different doctor and ask for another referral, she will probably be out of pocket though.
    I had to go back for 3 repeat scans when I was preg with one of my girls. The second time my OB didn't think there was much hope but he wasn't willing to do anything until he was certain. 2 weeks later there was a perfect beating heart!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she sees a private ob, they can do scan in office and on off chance it does give bad news can obviously help further, even if she's going public, many will slide u into Thier public list if they can (a decent gp should have an idea of who does public and private) if that's an option of what might be needed if ur friend wouldn't be going private either wAy.... But yeh heaps of people get worrying scans then a week later it's all fine..,;

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely see another GP to get the scan referral. It has been what, 11 days since the first scan? There's no way I would wait another 2 weeks potentially worrying unnecessarily. I wouldn't even bother with bloods personally if she's not had any bleeding or MC symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That early they should of offered an internal scan. I had a dating ultrasound at 5w5d, had to be internal as couldn't see abdominally. The receptionist let me know when I booked that it might need to be done internally. The tech told me the heart would only of begun beating a few days before. If she can get a new referral and maybe go to a different ultrasound clinic she should get a proper answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What a JERK at 5 week my levels were below 100! 54 for one pregnancy and 77 for another. Both resulting in healthy babies.