+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Private Health

Last edited by mummymaybe; 21-05-2016 at 14:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe I need DH to join a defence force lol. He is always away anyway 😂. Will check if his company have any discounts with any funds it is a huge multi national organisation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't use the comparison websites they're usually limited to their subscriber companies! It depends what u want who is best. Some companies pay Drs a bonus for no out of pocket to u, but if the dr doesn't take it up ( does charge extra) then they pay heaps less so u end up with an even bigger bill. The name will come to me, arrgh memory....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are with Medibank and pay $440 per month family cover. We have top hospital and extras (goes up to $560 per month as of this month to cover an adult dependent - DS1 who is 21).

This is after the rebate. It's expensive and we had been planning on changing/downgrading but will stay until after DS3 is born.

We pay $200 excess on hospital admission to maximum of $500 for year. No excess for children. Children get fully covered general dental. Adults two free checkups per year at dentist.

Other extras limits are very good - around $3-4000 per year.

Can choose own provider but if we use the member's choice providers there are less OOP's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    It's limited to people with a connection with the defence force. So if you have a mother/father/aunt/uncle/brother/sister then your eligible
    And grandparent 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been happy with HCF, we just swapped to Defence health because we got a better quote and they're great to deal with (my parents have been with them for 35+ years, father is a veteran).

Hcf was $420 a month I think for top hospital and mid extras for two of us and our toddler plus extra accident insurance for my child.

We swapped to defence health and it's $370 a month now for the same but if we drop the top level hospital (which we currently keep for IVF and Obstetric care) it's $320 a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After a bit of browsing online we decided to stay with our current insurer and just downgraded the hospital cover - saving us over $90 a month (!). So pretty happy with that. Couldn't find anything that compared price-wise without sacrificing our comprehensive extras, which we make good use of.

Bit sad not to have pregnancy covered now, means we will really have to think hard about another child. Ridiculous how much more we have to pay to get pregnancy cover included (but it is important to us to go private for birth).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops. You have reminded me I need to do that. Will have to talk to DH to see what we want to keep.