+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Private Health

I am about to compare funds to see if we can get a better deal with our PHI. Dropping pregnancy cover for now as we are not sure whether we will have another child (can always add later even though there will be a wait period again).

I find online comparison websites a PITA and it's not comparing apples with apples per say. So I am going to do the ring around to compare health funds in detail.

Can anyone please recommend their fund and if happy to share what you pay per month (family)? Looking at hospital + extras and in particular want to be able to choose my providers rather than being restricted to the finds preferred provider network etc. We make use of our extras so this is important.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have defence health. 650$/quarter. Top cover with full extras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    We have defence health. 650$/quarter. Top cover with full extras.
    Is that only available to defence personnel or the general public?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Is that only available to defence personnel or the general public?
    It's limited to people with a connection with the defence force. So if you have a mother/father/aunt/uncle/brother/sister then your eligible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    It's limited to people with a connection with the defence force. So if you have a mother/father/aunt/uncle/brother/sister then your eligible
    Thanks I am not eligible unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're with AHM and it has just gone up to just over 200 per month for a family. Basic hospital and extras covers 60% of cost of extras up to 1000 per year. I see a physio frequently and AHM cover $45 and i pay 3p. Im almost up to my limit using physio and dental, getting my wisdom teeth out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    How about ex-defence personnel? Sorry for tread crashing, just sounds like an awesome deal and DF is ex defence. We pay $750 a quarter for basic hospital and no extras

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmumm View Post
    I'm with cbhs (any connection to someone who has worked at CommBank). $120 a fortnight for 2adults 2kids. We changed from Medibank to intermediate extras.
    Free dental check and clean twice a year, 70% of therapies.
    Hospital excess is $100per night opposed to the $500 flat fee for Medibank whether it's overnight or a month long stay, I figure a lot of ops are short stays and it's the main reason we changed. I've had 4 gyno ops in the past 2 years and couldn't praise them enough.
    Do Medibank need you to use their preferred providers to get 70% back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    How about ex-defence personnel? Sorry for tread crashing, just sounds like an awesome deal and DF is ex defence. We pay $750 a quarter for basic hospital and no extras
    Ex defence are eligible too. Or try navy health.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are paying about $350 (just went up from $300) a month hospital and extras including pregnancy. Goes back down to $300 without preg cover but I would like to pay less. I do have good extras cover so want to keep that level or similar. If I could get it down to around $250 I would be happy.