+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am looking into medicare just not sure how to close a bank account from over here. I did cancel my car insurance though maybe that would work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Sorry for being blunt but if you can't afford a pregnancy test how on earth can you afford a baby?!?

If you are having unprotected sex there is a real possibility you could be pregnant, and if you are, you will NEED to see a doctor.
    It's not we that i can't afford it, I can't buy one with out my fiances knowlage because he controls the money and buys things for me when I need it because I have no job yet I don't have my own money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're going to have to tell him some or later so just be honest. If you're having s.x then this is a risk you both take and needs to take some responsibility.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arroa  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    If your pain is impacting your day to day activities and you are depending on pain killers to get through the day, present to Emergency at your local public hospital where, like pp have mentioned, you will be covered under the RHA.

In regards to obtaining a Medicare card, if you are not eligible for Family Tax Benefits (which I assume you're not), you are now often required to provide evidence of intending to leave NZ long term/permanently. This is often proof of insurance cancellation, the closure of bank accounts or proof you shipped household goods to Australia. If you can't provide these there is usually a 18-24 month waiting period.
    I've asked him to take me into the ED but he wont because he dosn't think they can do anything and thinks cause he googled the symptoms he knows what it is and it will fix itself. he cares for me he really does he just a bit head strong sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I'm guessing your not ttc but having unprotected sex around ovulation? You partner is controlling. Tell him you want a pregnancy test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default So confused.. sorry about another am I pregnant thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Arroa View Post
    I am looking into medicare just not sure how to close a bank account from over here. I did cancel my car insurance though maybe that would work.
    I'm in agreement with others above, should you really think about having a child right now?

As for Medicare, you don't have to have a closed bank account but you do have to show that you want to live here permanently. I applied for Medicare 3 days after I moved here, and never shut my bank account as I still have money back in NZ. I showed them a one way ticket to Australia, closure of power accounts and Internet in NZ, and a copy of immigration of all our stuff through customs (we shipped all our stuff over).. It doesn't have to be that though, they will accept a whole range of stuff providing it's evidence you wish to remain here long term. It's very easy to do. HTHs

Oh and I get free health care, and I've been treated for several health issues here and never paid a cent ☺️

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thescientist For This Useful Post:

Arroa  (09-05-2016),Tanej78  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    So I'm guessing your not ttc but having unprotected sex around ovulation? You partner is controlling. Tell him you want a pregnancy test.

I am aware lol Where not trying but we are prepared if it happens, we have a nest egg back in nz. I am not meaning to have sex around ovulation my libido just seems to pick up around then. Half the time i didn't know I was until i go to log it in my calendar. I am allergic to birthcontrol and he thinks pulling out is safe cause he can't feel anything with condoms. TMI hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    He controls the money, buys what you need, and won't take you to the doctor?

Are you serious?

Darling, that sort of behaviour is not cool.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),Arroa  (09-05-2016),HillDweller  (09-05-2016),KitiK  (09-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-05-2016),loodle  (09-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-05-2016),smallpotatoes  (09-05-2016),Tanej78  (09-05-2016),TheGooch  (09-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (09-05-2016),WaitRose  (09-05-2016),Wise Enough  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroa View Post
    I am aware lol Where not trying but we are prepared if it happens, we have a nest egg back in nz. I am not meaning to have sex around ovulation my libido just seems to pick up around then. Half the time i didn't know I was until i go to log it in my calendar. I am allergic to birthcontrol and he thinks pulling out is safe cause he can't feel anything with condoms. TMI hehe
    You can't be "allergic to birth control", as the OCP contains oestrogens/progestins (sex hormones), similar to those produced by your body naturally. If you mean you have some sort of adverse reaction to the OCP, there are several different types which are worth trying, and other non-hormonal contraceptives such as diaphragms.

The old line "I can't feel anything with condoms" is very lame. If that's the case, and you are using the "withdrawal method" (so basically no protection), then you are both responsible for the life you create. You both need to be aware of this.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),gingermillie  (09-05-2016),HillDweller  (09-05-2016),KitiK  (09-05-2016),TheGooch  (09-05-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I find your posts quite alarming. I think you have bigger problems than maybe being pregnant - your partner sounds very controlling and that's not a healthy relationship to be in with or without a baby - it's a type of domestic violence. There a places you can call for help in getting out of that kind of relationship.

I don't have anything to add re the pregnancy. Good luck.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Arroa  (09-05-2016),BettyV  (09-05-2016),J37  (09-05-2016),KitiK  (09-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (09-05-2016)