+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So confused.. sorry about another am I pregnant thread...

I know its probably something else but I want a baby so bad I might be deluding myself and I know its unhealthy.

Four the last three months I have been having unprotected sex with my fiance and its fallen around my ovulation days.

The first month I had all the pregnant symptoms under the sun, nausea, breasts, fatigue etc but the one that really made me think it was different was that my sense of taste had gone funny. Everything was too salty and smells made me want to puke. But at the end of the month I spotted for five days around the day 12 mark and then came my period. I was devastated because I really thought this time it was happening. The period was painful with dark blood but it was lighter then usual and I even went on to think I miss carried. But that's silly right?

I continued to feel like crap and only came right for a week or two before my next period that came right on time and was also light but not painful which is unusual for me because I have been having extremely painful periods the last few times and was thinking of going to the docter because of it.

Anyway, I thought nothing of it until this month when I was shopping with my fiance and nearly fainted in target while he was trying on clothes. I was so tired and my energy just left me. I have been pmsing for a while. I normally don't get pms symptoms. From then on I've had fatigue and nausea bloating and cramps. This months period came four days late and two of them where spotting. I am normally pretty regular with heavy periods. This period light and was once again painful with bright red blood but this time I had lower back pain. The lower back pain didn't go away with this period and has continued on for a week now. Its mostly felt in the back but I can't rub it cause its deep. Its in my left ovary area. It spread a little down my leg and to my other ovary and a little up my torso. I am taking like six pain killers a day to stop the pain ruining my life. Only in the last few days has it subsided and only hurts at night mostly.

My fiance thinks it might be a twisted cyst as I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts a few years back. I read up on pregnancy and week 12 and 13 of pregnancy are matching my symptoms. Feeling faints and lower back pain due to the lifting up of the uterus. If i got pregnant with the first period I would be just on 13 weeks. I am a New Zealander in queensland so a docters not and option and I haven't found a job yet so I can't afford the $20 pregnancy tests around. I'm so lost. My Fiance is not keen to take me to the docters for the back pain and I don't dare tell him I might be pregnant. He likes to call me a hypochondriac haha and hes not to fond of docters.

Anyway, I just needed to get that off my chest and does anyone think that I could be pregnant? Or maybe its just a cyst problem?

Thanks for you time
    Last edited by Arroa; 09-05-2016 at 03:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to Bub Hub.
    A few things:

1. If you want to know whether you are pregnant, you need to do a pregnancy test. End of story. Go to Chemist Warehouse or an equivalent; buying 1 test will be less than $20.

2. Real (not imagined) pregnancy symptoms do not occur until at least 6 weeks, when the level of bhCG in the blood starts to become significant. This is true for the vast majority. The exception to this is sore breasts, which occurs as the progesterone level starts to rise around the time of the missed period in pregnancy. But...many women get sore breasts around the time of their period, so again, it's not a useful sign in diagnosing pregnancy. You seem to be putting too much emphasis on symptoms.

3. If you are taking "6 pain-killers a day" for localised pelvic pain, then you NEED to see a doctor. Whether your fiance is "not fond" of doctors is irrelevant. If you don't yet have Medicare, then you will have to pay, however I thought NZ and Australia had reciprocal health-care? (That is, you shouldn't be required to pay to see a GP). If you have ovarian pathology, such as a torted ovarian cyst etc, then you will need a lower pelvic ultrasound to diagnose this.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),Arroa  (09-05-2016),atomicmama  (09-05-2016),Happymum2  (09-05-2016),HillDweller  (09-05-2016),TheGooch  (09-05-2016),Wise Enough  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Welcome to Bub Hub.
    A few things:

1. If you want to know whether you are pregnant, you need to do a pregnancy test. End of story. Go to Chemist Warehouse or an equivalent; buying 1 test will be less than $20.

2. Real (not imagined) pregnancy symptoms do not occur until at least 6 weeks, when the level of bhCG in the blood starts to become significant. This is true for the vast majority. The exception to this is sore breasts, which occurs as the progesterone level starts to rise around the time of the missed period in pregnancy. But...many women get sore breasts around the time of their period, so again, it's not a useful sign in diagnosing pregnancy. You seem to be putting too much emphasis on symptoms.

3. If you are taking "6 pain-killers a day" for localised pelvic pain, then you NEED to see a doctor. Whether your fiance is "not fond" of doctors is irrelevant. If you don't yet have Medicare, then you will have to pay, however I thought NZ and Australia had reciprocal health-care? (That is, you shouldn't be required to pay to see a GP). If you have ovarian pathology, such as a torted ovarian cyst etc, then you will need a lower pelvic ultrasound to diagnose this.

Best of luck.

I agree with all of this. First response pregnancy tests are about $8-$9 at the supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being blunt but if you can't afford a pregnancy test how on earth can you afford a baby?!?

If you are having unprotected sex there is a real possibility you could be pregnant, and if you are, you will NEED to see a doctor.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),BettyW  (09-05-2016),Californication  (09-05-2016),DT75  (09-05-2016),gingermillie  (09-05-2016),HillDweller  (09-05-2016),Janesmum123  (09-05-2016),JR03  (09-05-2016),Just*Ace  (09-05-2016),KitiK  (09-05-2016),Ngaiz  (09-05-2016),TheGooch  (09-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So confused.. sorry about another am I pregnant thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Sorry for being blunt but if you can't afford a pregnancy test how on earth can you afford a baby?!?

If you are having unprotected sex there is a real possibility you could be pregnant, and if you are, you will NEED to see a doctor.
    This. Babies are expensive and if you can't access a bulk billing gp and public health then I imagine pregnancy can be too. Please go and see a dr. If your partner is concerned and can afford to go clothes shopping, then I'd think he can afford to pay for you to see a dr.

Eta: I'm sorry if that was a tad blunt. I'm a bit sleep deprived and I might not be wording things well this morning.
    Last edited by BettyV; 09-05-2016 at 06:54.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),Arroa  (09-05-2016),BettyW  (09-05-2016),KitiK  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You need to go to a doctor. If you don't have an income, then your fiancé should pay.

Please use double-contraception until a point in time that you 1) have solid and manageable answers for your pain and 2) have enough financial stability that you don't have to think twice about going to a doctor.

You might want a baby - totally understandable. However now does not sound like it's the right time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a kiwi you can get a Medicare card and go and see a doctor. It was one of the first things my now husband and later his parents did when they came across

That's the first step regardless of what your fiancé feels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A home pregnancy tests pick up around 5 so even if you have a chem preg it will pick it up. Go do a pregnancy test simple. If you haven't done this yet it's because you probably like the thought of being pregnant and too scared to see you aren't. Good luck

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-05-2016),SJ565  (09-05-2016),Wise Enough  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    As a kiwi you can get a Medicare card and go and see a doctor. It was one of the first things my now husband and later his parents did when they came across

That's the first step regardless of what your fiancé feels.
    There you are, reciprocal health-care as I thought. Thanks for clearing that up.

OP, if you can't afford a pregnancy test (which seems doubtful at best), go to a bulk-billing GP and do one there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your pain is impacting your day to day activities and you are depending on pain killers to get through the day, present to Emergency at your local public hospital where, like pp have mentioned, you will be covered under the RHA.

In regards to obtaining a Medicare card, if you are not eligible for Family Tax Benefits (which I assume you're not), you are now often required to provide evidence of intending to leave NZ long term/permanently. This is often proof of insurance cancellation, the closure of bank accounts or proof you shipped household goods to Australia. If you can't provide these there is usually a 18-24 month waiting period.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arroa  (09-05-2016)