+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bulk Billing IVF

Hi there,

My daughter, conceived through ICSI, is now a cheeky 2 and 1/2 years old. To conceive our baby girl, we went through Queensland Fertility Group who we found very professional and pleasant to go through.

We have now decided that we would like to try for a second and would be most comfortable going back through QFG, however we have heard that some clinics now offer bulk billing. We are a bit skeptical though, so I'm looking for some advice. Has anyone had a successful cycle with one of the bulk billing services? Is there anything QFG would do that they don't do? It would be difficult going through someone else when we had so much success the first time, but money is always an issue of course. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't use a low cost IVF clinic myself so I could be wrong, but I believe that most of these clinics just do standard IVF and take a bit of a one size fits all approach. I don't think they do 'extra' things like ICSI. But definitely worth looking into to find out for sure as it would be a significant saving!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi NessieJ. I think there is a thread for all the ladies using Bne BB IVF, hopefully someone can link it for you.

They only do straight forward IVF/ICSI and the dose is generally the same for everyone. Depending on tgrbcause of your infertility, it could be perfect for you. Doses aren't adjusted and they don't deal with complicated cases of infertility ie; immune issues etc. It's $500/cycle for the private hospital day surgery fees, plus your drugs @ $38.30 each, Lucrin trigger for about $150 (I think) then your progesterone support up to 12 weeks which is quite a bit. It's a freeze all cycle with FETs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the fertility centre which is a low cost ivf centre and have a 3 year old son I have also gone through Bulk bill ivf at Spring hill and am 16 weeks pregnant

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

NessieJ  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thanks for your response. Do you know what the difference in cost was? Upfront and out of pocket? Also, did the bulk billing service adapt to your specific needs? Any idea if they were offering Iccsi?
    And of course congrats on both accounts. How lovely for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bulk bill really have a one treatment plan suits all you get dose of 150iu and all embryos are grown out to blasty stage and frozen and you do a frozen transfer. The cost of that including ICSi as that is my main reason for IVf is less than $1200 out of pocket $500 EPU $440ish for ICSI and about $200 for meds I think.
    The fertility centre I think you outlay about $3000 and then end up about $2200 out of pocket. Both clinics offer icsi