+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I give up on men, Im single and intend to stay that way.
    I may meet someone, someday but Ive zero desire to co-habitat with a man ever again,

I walked from an emotionally violent and psychologically manipulative relationship, it took a long time to realise that I could do anything I wanted,

I am in a much better place now then I would have been had I stayed,

as to why I stayed originally? I dont know, because the cycle of abuse is real and when things were good they were very, very good but when they were bad they were horrid.

It took a blow to the face (elbow 'accidentally on purpose') to make me realise that the cycle would never end, he would always repeat it,

and I couldve talked til I was blue in the face, things never changed.

most 'men' I meet are either attached or psycho, I quit. I'll be an 80 year old with 40 cats

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What the @&$! Is wrong with men?

@delirium I think you should start a spin off. You ask some important questions - some I have something to say on - from a personal perspective but don't want to derail 😊 I'm sure there's many other hubbers who could comment too.

Edit oh and as far as are there any good men out there. Yes I think they do exist. So far DS1 (21 years) is looking good!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There are so many stories that can be told of how these relationships develop and how totally unequal our society is. Things have improved somewhat from when I was a child/young adult. I can remember being a little surprised when I saw a young lad working a check-out. That was a job for girls/women only 40 years ago. There was far more women teachers than now. I remember my first male teacher when I was in high school. I had never had a male teacher through primary school. I even had a parish priest who would not allow girls to be altar servers. That was quite unusual for the time though. I think there is still a lot of work to be done, but things are moving in the right direction regarding jobs and social acceptance of equality. As for the dv and the women who stay in bad relationships. I think it is a case of when we know better we do better, so we need to keep getting the message out. There is no need to stay in a bad relationship. And there needs to be more support. Marie.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (09-05-2016)