+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mums who have had 2 or more kids from the same batch of frozen embryos

Just wondering for those of you who have had all your babies from the same batch of embryos (eg if you fell pregnant with 1 and then went on to have some frosties left over and were able to fall pregnant with them down the track)
    Did your kids look the same?
    I'm pregnant with baby boy no 2 from the same lot of embryos my 1st was conceived from in 2013 and I'm soooo curious to know if he's going to look the same as his big brother! Time will tell but interested to know others stories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD1 was from my very first transfer, my DD2 was from the same batch of embryos and was a result of the 3rd FET.

As babies they looked nothing alike at all. DD1 was a very petite little baby, DD2 was a chubby baby. One has blue eyes they other has green eyes. One has lots of fine wavy hair with a wicked cowlick, the other has dead straight hair and a fringe. One was a really clingy baby but an independent easy going toddler, the other was a really cruisy baby and a holy terror from 14 months until 4.

Despite the difference in their looks and personalities at a young age, at 7 & 5 they are starting to look more alike in their facial features. In fact I often get asked if they are twins these days. Size wise they weigh exactly the same but DD1 is about 4cm taller (not for much longer because I think DD2 will end up being taller than DD1). At school they are a very similar personality (both so well behaved and do what they are supposed to be doing), at home DD2 is still more fiery and likely to carry on if she doesn't get what she wants.

When DD2 was born I was actually a bit shocked because I was honestly expecting that she would look exactly like DD1, but she was just totally different . DD1 was 4 days over due and 7lb, DD2 was 2 weeks early and 9lb. DD1 had fair hair, but DD2 had dark hair (although these days their hair is exactly the same colour).

All the best with baby #2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

mamatotwo  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in the same boat, expecting #2 from the same batch as DD. Interested to read replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When your body releases eggs they are all different eggs. Each egg no matter natural 5 years apart or captured at the same time is totally different. They will look like siblings the same way they would have if you had not used Ivf. Thank god you didn't ask if they would be twins separated by years 😱

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

ilex  (08-05-2016),Ngaiz  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.

But I expect it's the same chance as any siblings would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 kids - 2 bubs from the same cycle (one was natural and one was a fet a year and a bit later). From the cycle I got 1 girl and one boy. All my kids have looked very similar as babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had our second boy from the same batch. He came out looking just like the first! I expected some similar features but was so shocked at the resemblance it has taken me a couple of weeks to call him by his name and not DS1! 😀