+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I would be interested to see what my Chiro says about this one. The media love a good Chiro-hating story.

My Chiro has treated both my kids- newborn included - and does nothing like that! Newborn Chiro in my experience is exceptionally gentle, definitely no 'cracking' or force whatsoever. I think a vast majority of parents that have had their babies treated by a Chiro would agree.

I feel very sorry for Chiro's getting so much slack after one guy starts making un-founded claims and the media run with it. I think there are more dodgy GPs out there than dodgy Chiro's TBH. This will blow over.
    This 100%

We love our chiro.

I have had numerous dodgy experiences with GPs, including a misdiagnosis which caused a lot of trauma. I still have a general mistrust of them (except for the few that I consult that I really do trust). It infuriates me that chiropractors get tarred with one brush despite the many good experiences people have with them. There a dodgy operators in every single profession, including the main****** medical field. I have a friend who is a GP who has told me stories about dodgy GPs that would make your toes curl. Never makes the headlines though, does it. 😏

2. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the problem with the "dodgey" chiropractors is that they give advice in areas they shouldn't.

The one my mum had been seeing, who i took my baby to see, tried to prescribe my mum black salve cream for a facial skin cancer. Mum had had several very dangerous cancers taken off by a plastic surgeon, and the chiro told her that she could get a hold of black salve to give her (which is illegal). She told her she didn't need to go to see the skin cancer clinic that she'd been going to every year. This kind of advice is what is dangerous and might be an isolated practitioner but it does happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Yes, I also don't get the "I took my baby to the chiro, but it's ok, they didnt really DO anything". ...well,if they didnt do anything, how, for the love of evidence-based medicine, is it supposed to help?
    There is a big difference between haveing bones cracked and using pressure points in the body. I suppose you would have to go to one like this to understand what i am talking about.
    Medicine we use today was probably laughed at at some stage with people asking where is the evidence. What is helpful for one person may not be useful for another but doesnt make it any less important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    If chiropractors aren't 'manipulating' or 'cracking' babies, what are they supposedly doing?
    Placebo affect? Not sure. Happy to be better educated on the topic though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My chiro just massaged my baby's neck and back. Used some pressure points and then she could turn her head both sides.

Pretty simple and important imo to have full use of your neck/shoulders.

My dd1s injury was due to a quick vacuum birth.

I took my dd3 to him at 2weeks old as she was a grumpy baby. He laughed, told me he couldn't fix that but sent me home with a bottle of wine as a present.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-05-2016),BettyV  (08-05-2016),sajimum  (08-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    My chiro just massaged my baby's neck and back. Used some pressure points and then she could turn her head both sides.

Pretty simple and important imo to have full use of your neck/shoulders.

My dd1s injury was due to a quick vacuum birth.

I took my dd3 to him at 2weeks old as she was a grumpy baby. He laughed, told me he couldn't fix that but sent me home with a bottle of wine as a present.
    So, similar to a physio then?

Though I never get wine from my physio!!