+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming off the pill

Hello! I am new to bubhub so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I have just come off the pill (Levlen ED) which I have been on for 14 years straight. I feel like I have been on it too long and my dh and I would like to start a family in the near-ish future, but not really ttc quite yet. I am turning 30 in August.

Anyway, I finished my last packet of pills 2 weeks ago and had a normal withdrawal bleed. Since then I have been feeling AWFUL. I have had daily headaches, been exhausted, bloated, and last night had quite bad lower abdominal pain. I am just wondering if this is a normal response to coming off the pill, how long it may last, and if there is anything I can do/take to help? Every night I have been crippled with a headache and I'm so tired I haven't been able to do half the things I normally do. I am hating this! Any advise would be appreciated xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Coming off the pill

I get this coming off the pill and I think it's the change in hormones with your body. I have found taking magnesium tablets with lots of water to help a little bit usually it doesn't go away until after I have my next period.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 07-05-2016 at 23:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any advice sorry, but when I went off the pill 10yrs ago (after being on it for about 10+yrs) I vowed never to go near any hormonal contraception. The hormonal changes frightened me with their severity. Good luck op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be careful though if u aren't ready to conceive, I ovulated both times I came off 14days later like clockwork.... There's lots of bubs out there Coz people thought it would take a while!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't mind if I did fall pregnant now, nor if it took a little while, but my husband is working away at the moment so no chance for the next few months till he is home at least! Towards the end of the year would be perfect for me I think.
    I will try magnesium as suggested, thank you. I hope these bizarre symptoms go away soon, I don't like the thought of a few more weeks of this until AF shows up, if that is even a normal length cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately yep, can be very common side effects when you come off the pill. It took 6 months for AF to return for me after the first withdrawal bleed and I felt like that the entire time. I swear I didn't feel right for at least a year!

Although, after we have this baby I'll go back on the pill, because I feel amazing on it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god if this lasts for months I will be so upset! Haha! I haven't decided if I can't wait to go back on the pill or I never want to again! Did you find anything that helped or not really?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had those side effects too. I started taking a pregnancy and breast feeding multivitamin and upping my water intake, which seemed to help a bit for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, is it ok to take a pregnancy vitamin even if I'm not ttc right now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaira View Post
    Oh god if this lasts for months I will be so upset! Haha! I haven't decided if I can't wait to go back on the pill or I never want to again! Did you find anything that helped or not really?
    I ended up going to acupuncture and having Chinese herbs. They may have helped. Or it may have just gone away on its own and it was a coincidence.
    I did find out I had other issues though that I didn't know about. I have PCOS which is controlled when you're on the pill and I had started taking prenatal pills without realizing I had a hereditary disease where I can't take iron supplements. I was making myself even sicker!