+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ttc after gastric sleeve

Looking to see people's experience conceiving after weight loss surgery. Would love to chat to others. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am ttc with the lapband. Have been ttc now 10 cycles. I have been banded over three years.

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are new to trying only a couple of cycles in. Have you been to the doctor before trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to my GP and he was fine with everything, he did a full blood work up just to make sure I wasn't anemic. I suffer low iron, I have all my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news then, just a matter of time for you then
    Hoping to not have issues - it's hard not to become obsessed with it I'm finding. I'm not a patient person!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the feeling, it's hard not to obsess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I had a gs and and fall pregnant just over a year later. It's something my Dr warned me about. That falling pregnant too soon could have a affect on my weight loss. It did for me but for a friend who fall sooner than me it didn't.
    If your ttcing now you should be talking to Dr and asking if you should be taking megafol. It's over the counter foliate but bigger dose for those that can't get much from their diet. As you you would know we often need extra help in that dept after a sleeve.
    It also recommended that you have a vit k injection a few weeks before bub is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ttc after gastric sleeve

I got pregnant with my son 11 months post gastric bypass after TTC for 8 years.
    We still required clomid to assist but....
    The pregnancy itself was hard. I was very unwell and couldn't eat or drink much. But aside from that, he was a very healthy baby who has just turned two!

ETA: I did not gain any weight. I actually slowly lost weight during the whole pregnancy. And after birth I got down to my lowest
    Since having him I have put in about 8kg and feel much healthier for it
    Last edited by mysticme; 07-05-2016 at 15:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your comments. I am two years post sleeve and have had steady weight for at least 6 months. Had bloods a while back and everything was normal - iron was higher than expected which they were happy about. Haven't been back since trying though but do have an eating plan from my dietician for when it does happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was banded 5.5yrs ago and forgot to/ didn't read the bit where you were supposed to wait 12mths before Ttc. I lost 40kg in the first 6mths and was pregnant with DD2 shortly after. However my port had flipped and I had day surgery at 9weeks pregnant to fix it, my dr also drained my band completely- which I didn't realise at the time. It was really hard to get back in the weight loss headspace after the birth and I struggled for a long time to get my food right again.
    With DS my dr took about half the fluid out which worked much better for me. I haven't lost all the baby weight this time either (he is now 2😳) but I've been exercising more so I feel much fitter.
    I really need to go back for another fill but we are going to start Ttc no. 4 soon so I want to wait until I need some fluid out before going back.
    Did anyone else struggle to get back on track post baby?