+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mothers' Day funnies

I was thinking today as we were walking out of school that there may be a few funnies to share this weekend. They're just so gorgeous!

Well, walking to the car DS2 says to me that I can't look in his bag as he's made something for me for mothers' day. He then proceeds to say that he'd made something for Grandma too. "It's a vulture", he exclaims with much enthusiasm.
    I begin thinking that I hope Grandma isn't upset about receiving a scavenger bird as a mothers' day gift or think that it's any reflection of her perceived nature. (Grandma takes offence easily.)
    At this point DS1 pipes up and asks, "Do you mean voucher?"
    "Yes, that's it voul-ture", says DS2.
    Me, internal voice, "Oh, thank goodness. That was going to be awkward".

Not overly amusing I know, so please share yours

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (07-05-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (06-05-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (07-05-2016),mrswhitehouse  (07-05-2016),tootsiegirl  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg that is too adorable!! my DD is only 10 months so probably have to wait a couple of years to contribute to the funnies but I must say I'm very excited about my first Mother's Day! Even though she has no idea haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's hilarious! Thankfully you didn't have to deal with that. I'd be impressed if he'd made a vulture too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww, that's cute

My 3.5 year old is excited for mothers day, because I bought myself a box of chocolates for mothers day. She came out last night to go to the toilet and they were sitting on the table (I'd been shopping and hadn't put them away yet). In order to get her back to bed quickly I explained "They're chocolates...my mothers day gift to myself. Maybe you can try one when it's mothers day". She's now asking every half hour when it's mothers day :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls are so excited to give me there gifts from the stall that they keep trying to either give me there gifts or tell me what they are!!
    They fkeep talking to each other on out walk home from school about what they have gotten me!!
    Guess I have to act surprised when they both give me the same poem on sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the innocence and enthusiasm of kids. DD 3 has just started preschool and was so proud when I picked her up the other day with her present she has made for me.

I kept trying to encourage her to keep it on the down low so it was a surprise for me on Mother's Day. That mostly didn't work but I did convince her to hide it until DH got home and then they could find a great hiding spot for it until Sunday...

So, as she tells me every day, it is hidden behind the TV and bless her soul, she is so desperate for me to have the present that she tells me what it is BUT she whispers it in my ear in a "teenie tiny" voice because apparently doing so means the surprise will not be ruined!

Can't wait to get my decorated mug complete with tea bag for the best cup of tea ever on Sunday morning.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS got home from school on Wednesday and ripped open my gift and has been playing with it lol
    They are a cute set of nesting dolls but have cup measurement on the inside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little man is in kindy and after - school care...and has made Mother's Day gifts and cards at both. On the way home from school today he tells me though that he is going to give one to Daddy...so it's fair! Waaahhh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD's both got me something from the stall at their school, similar to @2 girls 1 boy they ran into my bedroom lastnight when I got into bed early telling me the first letter of the gifts they had brought and then the second letter and so on, my eldest DD was getting annoyed I was guessing wrong so gave me all the letters so now I know and will also have to act suprised when I open them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3yo DS gave me a handful of gumnuts and told me they are for Father's Day 😳