+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How to get rid of the dreaded Pimples!

Hi! I need tips on getting rid of pimples. My stress levels have been quite high lately, and that in conjunction with the resulting bad food choices had given me a face like a teenager. I have an interview on Wednesday so I need to reduce the red lumpy angryness as much as I can! Please help!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hands off. No picking. Clean pillow cases. I use a dot of tea tree oil on spots before I go to bed. Keep skin clean but don't strip all moisture. Hands off. And hands off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started using bicarb and vinegar recently, my skin is amazing! (For me!!)

I just make a paste, a few tablespoons of bicarb in a container, and I slowly drop a bit of vinegar in it, let it fizz, then add a bit more until I get a paste. In the shower, I cleanse my face first with aveeno positively radiant cleanser, I really like this as it takes all my makeup off. Then I get my bicarb vinegar mix and I massage it into my skin then rinse off. After I shower, I moisturise just the dry areas, normally for me this is just around my eyes and a couple of wrinkles I have. Finally, at night, I dab a bit of my bicarb vinegar mix on any pimples I have, or blind lumps under the skin, and leave it there all night. It dries and draws out the pimples so they're gone overnight!

I freaking love bicarb and vinegar!!

I used to moisturise my whole face, but my skin does not need it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try some over the counter steroid cream like the dermaid soft 1% cream. It's gentle and should calm any redness and reduce inflammation and swelling in the short term. Maybe try benzac scrub to have a good clean then leave skin alone just dab some of the steroid cream on once a day. I have also used betadine liquid to dry out spots. I have sensitive skin so any of the stronger pimple creams make my skin peel and look worse than the pimples 😁

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I'll pick up some tea tree and test out the bicarb paste. I think I have some steroid cream lying around too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DO NOT PUT BICARB ON YOUR FACE!!! It is the opposite pH of your skin and highly abrasive. It might show good results for some people, but it is horrible for your skin. Vinegar is not good either. It has the ability to permanently damage your moisture layer.

You need either benzoyl peroxide and/or BHA like salycilic acid. Tea tree oil is fine when diluted with another oil. If you use it pure apply the tiniest amount and only to the pimple. Using it on its own causes a high risk of chemical burn so be careful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree on the steroid cream, beware of the rest as even tea tree oil causes some people to react more.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just started using a cream (yesterday) called oxy10 which is apparently pretty strong and my pimples are already drying out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been using Moo Goo acne cleansing moisturiser. It was recommended by someone on here recently.

I have sensitive acne prone skin and it is the best it's been in ages, huge reduction in redness pimples and blackheads.

I've used every chemical based product, spent thousands of dollars and I can honestly say this stuff is awesome.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a sneaky tip to add to all the suggestions. When I needed a flawless look I'd go into make up counters and get the ladies there to do my face. I usually used my acne as an excuse and say I'm looking for something with a good coverage that isn't going to aggrevate it. I would then just get them to write down what product they used so I could see how my skin reacted, with no intention of buying it. I found my current foundation the last time I did this and now use Mac mineral liquid, and love it.

Tea tree oil seems to burn my skin and anything peroxide based make mine worse. I would love to get PDT!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (08-05-2016)