+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations!! Look, in my experience people can be morons with their comments when it comes to this type of thing, as well as being insensitive and misguided. I don't get it... sigh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two little boys a year apart and they are best friends. Even run around the shops holding hands and in the car on the way home my youngest told my oldest i love you. Girls arent the be all end all. And i said to hubby i want our next bub to be a boy tbh they are so easy compared to all our friends who have only girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamatotwo View Post
    Thanks everyone xxxx I told my mum before and her response was oh well not much you can do about it 😠 grrr
    Almost eveyone in our family said this too... They all wanted a girl. Well I guess we'll just have a spare child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two boys and while I kind of wanted a girl I wanted a healthy baby most of all (as we all do, of course!) And now I think having two boys is amazing - watching them develop this intense friendship is such a privilege, they are going to be such an important fundamental part of each other's lives long after I'm gone, it's phenomenal how close they are... I am somewhat considering going for a third to 'try for a girl' but I already feel hypothetically sorry for her in a way because my two boys are so in love with each other! I would just tell others "I think brothers will be amazing and we are just happy to be having a baby, thanks" and leave it at that. Most people should get the idea pretty fast.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 girls before my 3rd was a boy. I had always wanted boys. My 2 DD's have an amazing bond with each other though as they are close in age so I'm glad my second was a girl now when I would have been excited for a boy at the time and had slight disappointment.

It turns out any boys I carry I pass on a horrible genetic disorder which I gave to my DS. I wouldn't change him now for the world as he is my much wanted boy but if I'd have known I'd just stuck to my girls. In saying that it's nice to have each gender though.

I think you could have a girly girl or a tomboy and vice versa with boys each with different personalities.

It's quite annoying when people aren't happy for you either way. I hope you get used to the idea and don't let people get you down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't get gender disappointment from others.. I understand how a parent can feel it and it's heartbreaking to see, but when other people (friends, family, even random people like a carer in childcare) show gender disappointment about what you're having, it's just weird! I'm going through this at the moment. After I had my first boy, I got pregnant with #2 and everyone was saying "oh you probably want a girl now" or "are you hoping for a girl?" And then when I found out it was another boy, the same people almost looked sorry for me. After a couple of years of raising two gorgeous little boys, I've gotten tonnes of comments along the lines of "will you try for a girl now?". So I'm pregnant with BOY number 3 and I couldn't be happier. But I've noticed people around me are disappointed. For example, one of my work mates keeps saying (in a defeated sort of way, "oh.. Another boy... Well that's ok...." Wtf? She raised 2 daughters and thinks girls are awesome and that's fine, but I've always wanted boys, only boys. So as far as I'm concerned, I've gotten exactly what I've always wanted and I consider myself extremely lucky. I wish others could share my joy but by the end of the day, it's not about them. So who cares what they think?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (06-05-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (07-05-2016),Tinkers  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauOliver View Post
    I have two little boys a year apart and they are best friends. Even run around the shops holding hands and in the car on the way home my youngest told my oldest i love you. Girls arent the be all end all. And i said to hubby i want our next bub to be a boy tbh they are so easy compared to all our friends who have only girls.
    That's just gorgeous my boys are the same. They are always cuddling and kissing and holding hands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It took me a while to accept that I was having a girl, and not a boy.
    I expect others would feel the same if they had thought/hoped it was a boy.

Give them time, they'll come around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you described the reaction I got
    'oh ...' 'how sad' 'every mum needs a daughter' etc etc etc
    in the end it made me cranky,

do I still wish I had a girl? yes, I had gender disapointment both times,
    but my sons are awesome, seeing them together is awesome, I wouldnt traded them for 10 girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! Boys are awesome. ..I know because I have 2! Stuff what others think, but completely out of line with how they reacted. The whole pidgeon pair thing, I honestly don't get. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, and enjoy your new baby boy when he arrives