+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg congratulations! I think it's super exciting! Your boys will be the best of friends!
    It's a shame others feel they can weigh in on this and in a negative way!
    Having any kids no matter which gender is incredible, I'm sorry others don't seem to see that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why people do this. When having my second all I heard was "if it's not a boy you'll have to go again" because we had a daughter already. I had another daughter and I got "oh time for the next one, pray it's a boy". Why that pressure or importance? People will comment no matter what you have or don't. I'm having a boy this time and all I got from my friends was "oh good thing it'll be even" like it matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I'm having a second boy and I got a lot of sympathetic comments and commiserations. Which made me doubt myself. Honestly my first boy is just so much fun and full of life, he's hyper and exhausting yes but he's cuddlier than any of my friends girls. Always was even as a baby.

Two boys will be great, it's a wonderful privilege to raise little men and gosh do they love their mumma. I never expected the bond between mother and son to be so strong. Don't worry what others say.
    I agree with this. I have a 5-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl, and I have always had WAY more cuddles and kisses from my boy. He loves helping me cook, he watched "The Bachelor" with me last year (taped episodes, and yes, I realise it's not Parent-of-the-Year stuff, but we enjoyed it!), he likes going out to lunch, and when my hubby is away he loves sleeping in my bed.

My little girl only lets me cuddle her if she's sick!

I would suggest that you examine your feelings, and if you really are happy with 2 boys (not that you have a choice, obviously), then everyone else be buggered. But gender disappointment is a real thing, and if you actually are disappointed, then let yourself feel it, and chat to hubby and close friends about it.

I think back in the "olden days", people would keep having babies until they had both sexes. My Grandparents certainly did! But lifestyle choices these days mean that many/?most people limit themselves to 2 or 3. (Not the lady described above with the multiple children!).

I wish you all the very best. I like the phrase "You never regret the child you have". And yes, little boys are lovely

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Tell the knockers to get ****ed

Or you could say you tried to get an exchange for a girl but your doctor said they couldn't help.

Or just say you are absolutely stoked to be having a second boy as girls are a big fat pain in the **** from 12-22

Congrats !
    I would bring that age forward to 2.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give me 2 of the same gender any day. More likely to be closer and have similar interests, easier the second time as you have more of an idea what to expect with behaviours etc, hand me downs....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Gender disappointment from others getting me down

little boys are lovely. I initially wanted a girl but got a boy. I actually now want another boy and not a girl!

I think 2 of the sane is lovely, more chance they'll grow up and be close I reckon. more chance of a boy and a girl not getting on than 2 of the same gender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with boy number 3 and had many who have expressed sympathy to me that I didn't get a girl this time. How ridiculous! Healthy happy babies of either gender are a blessing.

Step back from the comments and rejoice in the opportunity to raise two beautiful boys to adulthood.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-05-2016),Tinkers  (06-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I'm pregnant with boy number 3 and had many who have expressed sympathy to me that I didn't get a girl this time. How ridiculous! Healthy happy babies of either gender are a blessing.

Step back from the comments and rejoice in the opportunity to raise two beautiful boys to adulthood.
    this!

I know gender disappointment is a real thing and by no means do I want to trivialize it for those who do experience it, but any healthy child is a gift, to get precious that you didn't get the gender you wanted, and even worse for OTHERS to express "sympathy" towards your baby, is just awful. be grateful you are having a bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone xxxx I told my mum before and her response was oh well not much you can do about it 😠 grrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post

Exactly. Yep gender disappointment is real, but it's usually short lived, especially when it's doubt from comments that others make to you. I've gotten a million "oh you'll be trying for a third to get a girl". Yep we prob will but for a baby, not a girl.

Remember too, they aren't just boys, they're YOUR boys. Which means they'll be the most wonderful, amazing little humans to you regardless of sex.

People pay too much attention to stereotypes too. My DS is a tornado and physically is much harder work than a lot of my friends who have girls, even they will say that. However he will sit and paint with me for hours, he loves colouring in, playing with his doll house and all the people, and he loves snuggling up to me to watch movies. He wraps my arms around him and is the cuddliest thing ever.