+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed please!

So I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this, but I did post in another section last week but only got one response so going to try here.

I had my first baby 6 months ago, and had 3 normal periods so far this year, arrived right on time, not a day late. This month, AF is a no-show. I am 5 days late and I am freaking out because we do want more kids eventually, but not just yet!

I have heard that an increase in breastfeeding can cause you to skip/miss a period as your hormones increase, so I am hoping that's all it is as over the last month my daughter has been feeding more during the day and increased feeding at night due to teething and a growth spurt.

I got cramps about a week before AF was due and all the regular symptoms; bloating, headaches, increased appetite and some nausea etc, but she never showed up! I am not on birth control but hubby and I use condoms. (never got pregnant when using condoms, got pregnant straight away without them with our first) so I don't think that I am pregnant, but I am worried as I've been feeling crampy, emotional, headaches, tired, a lot of thick discharge, some constipation etc. The only symptoms I got with my first was tiredness, and I don't feel as tired as I did when I was pregnant with her.

I have done 2 Clear Blue HPTs and both have been negative (one test when I was 1 day late and second test when I was 4 days late).

Has anyone else experienced this before? I keep thinking AF is about to arrive, and then nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, my DS is 18 months and I've had AF 4 times since his birth. One month I completely missed my period and ended up with a 7 werk cycle. He was sick/teething/generally miserable so I had fed mpre than usual during that cycle

If you are getting negative tests I'd say your probably not pregnant and it's just breastfeeding messing with your cycle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

daveallyisla  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    Yep, my DS is 18 months and I've had AF 4 times since his birth. One month I completely missed my period and ended up with a 7 werk cycle. He was sick/teething/generally miserable so I had fed mpre than usual during that cycle

If you are getting negative tests I'd say your probably not pregnant and it's just breastfeeding messing with your cycle
    Ok so it can happen! Did you have your 4 periods in a row and then suddenly it stopped? Or were those 4 all over the place? Hubby is adamant that I'm not pregnant but my anxiety is getting the better of me! It's taking a lot of will power not to take a test every day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got AF back in Dec, had a 28 day cycle and then got them in Jan, a 30 day cycle and got them in Feb, skipped March completely and AFcame again mid April. So that was my 7 week. I'd say I am about day 28 of this cycle and I think I have only just ovulated.

With my DD AF came back at 16 months and was completely wacky - some short cycles, some long until I conceived DS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

daveallyisla  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smallpotatoes View Post
    I got AF back in Dec, had a 28 day cycle and then got them in Jan, a 30 day cycle and got them in Feb, skipped March completely and AFcame again mid April. So that was my 7 week. I'd say I am about day 28 of this cycle and I think I have only just ovulated.

With my DD AF came back at 16 months and was completely wacky - some short cycles, some long until I conceived DS
    Thank you for easing my mind! That makes me feel a bit better that it's just the increase in breastfeeding! I know that the negative HPTs should be enough of an answer, but when there's no AF I can't help but wonder! Thanks again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to daveallyisla For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice needed please!

AF arrived today, one week late! And she came with a vengence 😂😩