+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Intralipid intravenous

Hi,

I have just received my medication I need to take during our IVF cycle, feeling so overwhelmed with 5 different medicines and on top of this the IVF Medications.

I have been told I need to have Intralipid 20% and I cant find much about it on google. Can anyone tell me if its painful and how long it takes ?

I don't like needles which I have had to get used to over my last cycle but still hate them LOL.

If anyone know much about the other ones please let me know Melatonin, DHEA, Clexane and Dexamethasone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dex hurts I've heard from a friend who had it for threatened premie birth, clexane not really but u can get bruises so move it round, it's a very small needle, I did clexane in my upper side of thigh, was ok, also done in my "tire' under belly button- a fav spot for all small injections!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babypanda View Post
    Hi,

I have just received my medication I need to take during our IVF cycle, feeling so overwhelmed with 5 different medicines and on top of this the IVF Medications.

I have been told I need to have Intralipid 20% and I cant find much about it on google. Can anyone tell me if its painful and how long it takes ?

I don't like needles which I have had to get used to over my last cycle but still hate them LOL.

If anyone know much about the other ones please let me know Melatonin, DHEA, Clexane and Dexamethasone.
    When I had intralipid it was via an IV into the back of my hand. It took about 2 hours roughly and was alternated with plain saline to flush it through. I don't think everyone administers it the same way though so you'll need to ask your nurse or Doctor.

Clexane is a blood thinner, and it is an injection usually in the tummy or I think can be done elsewhere too, like the thigh.
    dexamethsone is a steroid and it's just a tiny little tablet. It gave me a huge appetite but that was it. Some people will have other side effects I believe. I think bloating is a common one.
    I think Melatonin is for egg quality? I loved it. Have never slept so well in my life!
    Sorry, no advice on DHEA. I've never taken that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    When I had intralipid it was via an IV into the back of my hand. It took about 2 hours roughly and was alternated with plain saline to flush it through. I don't think everyone administers it the same way though so you'll need to ask your nurse or Doctor.

Clexane is a blood thinner, and it is an injection usually in the tummy or I think can be done elsewhere too, like the thigh.
    dexamethsone is a steroid and it's just a tiny little tablet. It gave me a huge appetite but that was it. Some people will have other side effects I believe. I think bloating is a common one.
    I think Melatonin is for egg quality? I loved it. Have never slept so well in my life!
    Sorry, no advice on DHEA. I've never taken that.
    @MrsErinR hi thanks for your post can you please give details on where you can have intralipids I'm just trying to find out for MTHFR mutation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzabelle13 View Post
    @MrsErinR hi thanks for your post can you please give details on where you can have intralipids I'm just trying to find out for MTHFR mutation.
    Sure. I've sent you a private message.