+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I wear a full piece but in has boyleg bottom. It's a jets one (expensive but lasts years), the first one I bought 6 years ago and it's still going strong.

This is the one I got last summer:

Attachment 80984

And this is the one I have had for years:

Attachment 80985
    I have a similar one to the first one.

Does the 2nd one have b00b support? I looooooooove that! If only it would hold my c/d sized windsocks in place!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default swimsuits and swimming after pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I have a similar one to the first one.

Does the 2nd one have b00b support? I looooooooove that! If only it would hold my c/d sized windsocks in place!!!!
    I wore it with d size breastfeeding b.oo.bs and it kept them in place. It is about 6 years old though so not sure whether it can still be found in stores. It has padded lining in it.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 05-05-2016 at 15:07.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

misho  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had a play date at the pool but regularly take DD to swimming lessons. The mums wear boardies or bikini bottoms and a rashie. We are all very boring and practical. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look more glamorous but if you don't want to rest assured you won't look out of place.

I've worn a bikini to the beach and because my boobs were so accessible DD kept grabbing them out of my bikini top to have a sip of milk 😳. Your DS might be a little young to try that trick yet but just warning you 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by besha View Post
    I love my seafolly bathers. I have these ones which are great:
    Attachment 80988
    The ruching over the tummy is great, very flattering.

I also have an old pair of target ones that have actually been amazing post birth because the neckline is a deep v shape, so it's really easy to breastfeed in them, more so than the other pair - if that needs to be a consideration for you!!
    Nice bathers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My preferred swimwear is a tankini top and boardies (short ones).

Last summer I got a boy leg pair of bottoms and I still did feel a little exposed in them. I think I only wore them once at the pool.

I think this summer I'll buy a short sleeved rash shirt. My tankini tops still show a bit too much cleavage for my comfort (my bust is large), plus it's extra sun protection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just wear a one piece speedo's with shorts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After my toddler put his foot in the front of my bikini bottoms and pushed them down to my knees at a public swimming pool, I changed to a one piece. He then managed to pull the top right down so I had both breasts out again in public. I now wear the one piece with a rash shirt and sometimes boardies as I swear my kid is just waiting to give me a public wedgie!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

beckleysamum  (05-05-2016),gingermillie  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    After my toddler put his foot in the front of my bikini bottoms and pushed them down to my knees at a public swimming pool, I changed to a one piece. He then managed to pull the top right down so I had both breasts out again in public. I now wear the one piece with a rash shirt and sometimes boardies as I swear my kid is just waiting to give me a public wedgie!
    😱😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    I'm sorry I really am but I'm having a really sh!tty night and that made me laugh out loud so thank you 😜

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Waggers70  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Probably hard to justify the expense of a designer one piece since I gather you won't be down the beach (bay) much? Although you might take Bub swimming lessons at some point so that's something to consider.

I know it's probably pointless to say but rest assured the other mums I your group will be similarly self conscious and I doubt there will be any bikini clad Miranda Kerr look alikes 😂. I say try on your pregnancy suit and unless it's ridiculously too big just wear that. And buy a new suit next summer when you're feeling better about your body (you will).

Still think it's weird they want to meet at the pool. Um hello, the pub, people?! 😂 Or maybe that was just my mums group!
    I know right. I might need to casually suggest a pub catch up.

so I tried my target preggo suit on and it fits. very surprised as the top is a 14. I'll just run with that I think. as you say, I can't justify the cost of s designer suit given I barely swim. and going into Melbourne winter I doubt I'll be doing much swimming.

I actually bought a designer suit for when we went overseas to get married. I think I wore it like twice.

now what do I chuck ds into? I know a swim nappy but what if anything else?