+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default swimsuits and swimming after pregnancy

hoping I've got the right section for this lol.

so I'm hoping to take ds to the local pool with some other mums and bubs and I'm feeling very unattractive and self conscious re baring my bod. ds is 10 weeks old so I'm 10 weeks pp. I don't look hideous I guess in the overall scheme of things but I'm just feeling self conscious and basically uncomfortable at the idea of being out in public in so little clothes covering me. I've never been much of a fan of the beach/pool as I always feel really exposed and embarrassed wearing so little. yes, I'm weird

I don't feel it's fair for ds to miss out on his play date so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on swimsuits that don't make you feel too bare?

I bought a 2 piece for my baby moon, the top is a structured bra and it's basically a singlet (full tummy coverage) and bottoms are just bikini brief style.

I had a cs so feeling a bit like my tummy is still flabby and urgh.

what do others do to get around this? I feel really stupid allowing vanity and insecurity to hamper me like this but I've always hated getting down to my togs lol so figure I may as well be honest and try to find something that works for me

thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wear a full piece but in has boyleg bottom. It's a jets one (expensive but lasts years), the first one I bought 6 years ago and it's still going strong.

This is the one I got last summer:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1462401618.754633.jpg

And this is the one I have had for years:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1462401651.868209.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I wear a full piece but in has boyleg bottom. It's a jets one (expensive but lasts years), the first one I bought 6 years ago and it's still going strong.

This is the one I got last summer:

Attachment 80984

And this is the one I have had for years:

Attachment 80985
    love those!!

thanks for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are brave!!! I've not been out in public (in bathers) since the birth 9 months ago. Only family / close friends have seen me at our beach house. DH does swim lessons because the thought of it makes me cringe. But I've always had body image issues - even when I was rail thin.

Your baby is only 10 weeks old - the fact that you are willing to consider going to a public pool is amazing! If you don't want to wear a two piece, pop into Myer or DJs; they have a pretty good selection of one piece suits. And they are cute these days! I actually wore a few on our honeymoon in Fiji. Long gone are the days of nana suits.

Your other option is to get 50s style high waisted bottom. I saw Bec Judd wearing an amazing bikini like that on her Instagram. Covered past her navel, but looked fabulous. She wore it with a bandeau top.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add I had 2 c-sections and no matter how much weight I lose I still have a little bump above my scar. Both of these swimsuits feel like they hold me in so to speak. Another option is the miracle suit (both dj's and myer have them) but you're looking at $250 plus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default swimsuits and swimming after pregnancy

Whilst I love what Bec Judd is wearing I think it's something that looks good only on people without curves. I tried something similar (I'm 67kgs, 165cms, size 10-12 but with curves) and it looked terrible, like it cut me in half! And there is no chance of ever being able to wear a bandeau top again, saggy b.oo.bs I need straps!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

misho  (05-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear boardies and a tankini - not glamorous but covers the areas I am not comfortable baring. The other mums are probably in a similar boat and will be dressing for comfort rather than style.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (05-05-2016),mrswhitehouse  (06-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a sucky-inny one piece I got from Target a few years ago. I also wear a crochet dress thing over it which I only then take off when I am hoping in the water.
    Mines not self esteem issues, you can tell how crap I look when my clothes are on, I just don't like wearing that little clothes. A vulnerability thing moreso.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I have a sucky-inny one piece I got from Target a few years ago. I also wear a crochet dress thing over it which I only then take off when I am hoping in the water.
    Mines not self esteem issues, you can tell how crap I look when my clothes are on, I just don't like wearing that little clothes. A vulnerability thing moreso.
    Yes! Love a kaftan!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post: