+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    DF can sometimes be persuaded but his first choice is sport. Either playing or watching. Frustrates me so much. I don't mind watching sport but I don't get annoyed if I miss it! He gets so foul.
    Ugh, I hear ya. DP didn't play during the second summer after we met (cricket that is), because he thought I wouldn't like him playing (early days of the relationship, trying to impress me I guess). Well, he sulked and whined so much that I told him to play the following year if it makes him that miserable. So this summer just gone he played whenever he could. Unfortunately he qualified to play in the vets side after turning 40 last year (he's 41 now), and instead of choosing whether to play in the normal team or the vets, he did BOTH. Ugh. Thankfully the vets side only play fortnightly.

I'm seriously considering putting my foot down next summer and demanding that he find a better balance. The vets games always coincide with our kid weekends, so we get almost zero time as a family for the whole day outside of school holidays. I HATE IT!! 😡 If I complain he says he works hard and needs to enjoy life still. Yes, but make a choice, vets OR seniors team, not both!!

Feels good to vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    But again - you deal with it so he has to learn to lol. Too mean.

DH hates golf. He brews beer and tinkers with his car. But lets DS 'help' from time to time.
    Well that is true lol he's not got any golf on the weekends for the next month (he is so unhappy about it!) I think he can take DS for a bit. I'll insist. DS will eventually learn that it's fun lol
    So wish DF hated golf haha. I can handle watching the footy or whatever. I enjoy the footy but golf is just so dull! He gets annoyed cause DS won't sit and watch the footy or golf with him.. Like dude seriously?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Ugh, I hear ya. DP didn't play during the second summer after we met (cricket that is), because he thought I wouldn't like him playing (early days of the relationship, trying to impress me I guess). Well, he sulked and whined so much that I told him to play the following year if it makes him that miserable. So this summer just gone he played whenever he could. Unfortunately he qualified to play in the vets side after turning 40 last year (he's 41 now), and instead of choosing whether to play in the normal team or the vets, he did BOTH. Ugh. Thankfully the vets side only play fortnightly.

I'm seriously considering putting my foot down next summer and demanding that he find a better balance. The vets games always coincide with our kid weekends, so we get almost zero time as a family for the whole day outside of school holidays. I HATE IT!! 😡 If I complain he says he works hard and needs to enjoy life still. Yes, but make a choice, vets OR seniors team, not both!!

Feels good to vent.
    Oh hell no! I'd be so angry about that! Pick one! Not both! DF was playing a couple of different comps a few weeks ago so he was playing Saturday and Sunday. Didn't even consider if I needed a break. He just played them. If he didn't he wouldn't qualify for further games... How disappointing hey. Pfft.
    DF stopped playing golf we started dating so it was a few years. Now I can't seem to get a week with him not going to golf.

I get so annoyed for DS. He loves his dad and when DF is at work all week (7am to 7pm) DS barely sees him. Like an hour or so a day. Then he disappears off to golf as soon as days are over. It's not fair cause DS is usually getting really upset realising dads off again. He's a great dad but golf is the favourite child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I will admit I don't have any issues with DH playing golf one day a week although it would be nice for me to have the same but it just doesn't work out, there aren't enough days off during the week for that to happen. Saturday he plays golf Sunday is family day. What I do have issues with is the non stop talking about it and every time with drive past the driving range (which is a lot because it's on our road) the comments about how he should be out there doing that to get better blah blah blah! It drives me insane. And the other thing is if he has had a bad round the foul mood he comes home in, gosh it makes me mad! The amount of times I have had to remind him that he should be happy that he got to have a day to himself doing something that he enjoys every week and that regardless of how he has played you don't come home in a mood and speak to us like crap and sulk around the house!!! It makes my blood boil!!!
    Yes why does golf rule their moods?! I know instantly how the game went by the mood DH is in when he comes home. And then I get a blow by blow account of the holes and I don't understand or give a sh!t TBH. It's all Japanese to me honey. You had a good game? Great! You had a Sh!t game? Oh well, try again next time. It's a game after all.... Except I get the feeling that to golfers, it's not just a 'game'. It's some kind of cult or religion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yes why does golf rule their moods?! I know instantly how the game went by the mood DH is in when he comes home. And then I get a blow by blow account of the holes and I don't understand or give a sh!t TBH. It's all Japanese to me honey. You had a good game? Great! You had a Sh!t game? Oh well, try again next time. It's a game after all.... Except I get the feeling that to golfers, it's not just a 'game'. It's some kind of cult or religion.
    So very true!! I hate getting the play by play. He seems to think I know what every hole is like as well. I really don't care if he hit it straight up the middle 🙄 I just want him to vacuum the house. Don't keep talking. Help out. He doesn't listen to me when I tell him all about my day of cleaning and toddler wrangling.

Damn I sound bitter 😳

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, same with the bloody cricket! If DP was really disappointed with a particular wicket/ball/catch/missed catch/etc, I hear about it for the rest of the entire weekend!! He will all of a sudden moan or go "Ughh", but it gets me every time because I forget that he's still going on about it. So he'll go "Argh!" all of a sudden, I say "What!?"😧...to which he goes "that catch!" (or whatever it was). I'm like "Oh. That." 😒 ...ugh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Golf widows unite!

So very true! The amount of times I've heard 32 off the stick (or some other number) and think to myself what the hell does that even mean??? He has explained it to me so many times but it's just so boring that I only get 3 words into his sentence before my mind starts wondering off!
    Last edited by Happymum2; 07-05-2016 at 01:27.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    So very true! The amount of times I heard 32 off the stick (or some other number) and think to myself what the hell does that even mean??? He has explained it to me so many times but it's just so boring that I only get 3 words into his sentence before my mind starts wondering off!
    😂 yep all I hear are random meaningless numbers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (07-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF is having a roster change so now he will barely get to play comps on the weekend. He's so annoyed. Can't seem to comprehend it's life! You can't do anything about it. His shift is being split up so all his mates will be on different shifts and they'll barely get to play together. I do feel a little disappointed for him but mostly for myself cause now I'll just have to hear him whinge all the time 🙄

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (13-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH has been away for work all week. Got home 9pm last night. Today he has taken the day off to play golf all day. A bit annoyed, I could have done with a hand today. I have as kediri can please have one hour to myself this wknd for a quick hike, will see if it actually happens...