+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week

Default AMH level while on OCP?

Out of curiosity, I'm wanting to get my AMH (ovarian reserve) tested. I am on the OCP for my terrible periods so have stopped that because I wasn't sure if it would affect the results. I figured once I get AF, I could get my AMH tested then but someone told me I should wait a month and someone else said two months!! I've only been off the OCP since Sunday and AF is on her way if my skin, cravings for chocolate, bad temper and crampy ovaries are anything to go by *sob* Now I'm regretting this whole experiment lol.

So, can anyone shed some light on how long I should wait before I get my bloods done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had it done years ago and no one told me it interferes with anything? My sisters had it done too and it was basically linear with our age, and a below average line too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually I had it done recently too, I forgot. No one mentioned it then either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done, but no history of OCP. Wasnt advised at the time that there was anything that would interfere with it.
    My results were dodgy 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies. Maybe I'll wait until AF arrives and leaves then get it done. I can't see how it would affect it? I mean, I was pregnant within a week of being off the OCP so I don't see how it can affect a blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    I had it done, but no history of OCP. Wasnt advised at the time that there was anything that would interfere with it.
    My results were dodgy 😒
    How were they dodgy? Completely understand if you don't want to answer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    How were they dodgy? Completely understand if you don't want to answer!
    A lot lower than we expected. Not as in the testing process was dodgy, sorry