+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Last time I was pregnant, I was talking to a guy at work who's wife had just had a baby and they were going through hell. He said if you're smart you won't have a baby. I said it was a bit late for that as I was 32 weeks pregnant. He had no clue before I told him
    Haha! How awkward for him! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never announce on FB.

Our first son was stillborn at 39wks1day. Perfect healthy pregnancy in which we had no idea anything was wrong. This was before I got Facebook in 2007.

Now I just can't announce like a normal person would on Facebook. It just doesn't feel right for me. Pregnancy is exciting but also very scary for me.

It was hard enough dealing with telling our family and friends what had happened, let alone the people at local businesses I used to deal with. They all asked me how my baby was. I can not imagine doing that horrible un-announcement on Facebook. I would much rather grieve in private.

I'm on my third 'not announced on Facebook' pregnancy now (so my 4th pregnancy) I've had two healthy kids that I announced one they were born. Alive.

This pregnancy we were feeling brave I guess & told our two kids at 10.5wks after an US. They are super excited and talked about it everyday. We also told all family. 2 weeks later I had a big bleed and had to go to emergency, thinking I was miscarrying 😔 I felt so silly for telling people & my heart broke thinking about how I would un-tell my kids. Luckily baby was fine I just have a sub chronic hematoma & hopefully it will heal and not get worse.

This is why I don't announce on FB.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (05-05-2016),HillDweller  (05-05-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't officially announced on FB. I didn't want to. I have mentioned silly little things (like not being able to bend over) and some people have picked it up. I'm not worried about offending people. If they don't know, then I obviously haven't seen/spoken to them to tell them and they are probably only FB acquaintances, not really friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It doesn't bother me if I do/don't find out about someone else's pregnancy by FB. I announced my first pregnancy on FB and will again if we ever fall pregnant. I have a very large family (my dad was 1 of 15), so most of our communication is through FB because we don't all see each other that much.

I've had years of fertility issues and actually prefer to find out through FB. That way my initial response is hidden from the person. I'm happy for them, it just brings up pain for me when I find out, so I can respond to them when I'm ready.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluehawaii For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-05-2016),Ladydee  (05-05-2016),Ngaiz  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not upset at all. I'm not a fan of those kinds of announcements anyway. One of my relatives is doing this pretty much daily staging pics of her belly and laying flowers on it. I find it hilarious that she doesn't realise the Sh!t storm that's heading her way 😄

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I announced both times very early and both birth announcements on facebook.
    I live a pretty secluded life and I wanted to share it with my family and friends and facebook does that just nicely.

As for other people. I love hearing peoples pregnancy and birth announcements. Its wonderful news. But I respect their decision if they choose not to.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

FamilyLove  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We "announced" my pregnancy, the gender and birth on FB, but we are Facebook people. It's an important communication tool for my huge family and my friends. But I wouldn't be upset at all if I didn't know someone was pregnant due to a lack of FB announcement, as others have said, obviously we're not close if we haven't spoken in all that time. I actually saw a photo of my old manager with her newborn this week; the newborn I didn't know I was on the way. I felt really happy for her, no hard feelings at all as we never really speak, just like each other's photos every now and then. If it was my best friend I would be miffed but that wouldn't be much of a friendship if we didn't see each other or phone each other for 9 months lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP I wouldn't worry about offending others, it's your pregnancy (and birth) so you announce what details you like. I know plenty of people who haven't done a facey announcement and just do some details when baby is born.

We didn't do a facey announcement as such for our first, we did a pic at about 20 weeks because after IVF and losses I was paranoid. This baby we haven't done one but I think I posted a bump pic at about 5/6 months. We'd told all of our close friends and family already so didn't really need to announce it.

Your facebook is your facebook. You put on it what you like and don't worry about offending others. Some people like to post every single detail of their life and pregnancy to the world, others are more private. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Balfour  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    I never announce on FB.

Our first son was stillborn at 39wks1day. Perfect healthy pregnancy in which we had no idea anything was wrong. This was before I got Facebook in 2007.

Now I just can't announce like a normal person would on Facebook. It just doesn't feel right for me. Pregnancy is exciting but also very scary for me.

It was hard enough dealing with telling our family and friends what had happened, let alone the people at local businesses I used to deal with. They all asked me how my baby was. I can not imagine doing that horrible un-announcement on Facebook. I would much rather grieve in private.

I'm on my third 'not announced on Facebook' pregnancy now (so my 4th pregnancy) I've had two healthy kids that I announced one they were born. Alive.

This pregnancy we were feeling brave I guess & told our two kids at 10.5wks after an US. They are super excited and talked about it everyday. We also told all family. 2 weeks later I had a big bleed and had to go to emergency, thinking I was miscarrying ������ I felt so silly for telling people & my heart broke thinking about how I would un-tell my kids. Luckily baby was fine I just have a sub chronic hematoma & hopefully it will heal and not get worse.

This is why I don't announce on FB.
    We lost one of our twins at 23 weeks. It was such a relief not to have to do a loss statement on Facebook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We didn't FB announce. We took 3 years to conceive our bub via IVF and so I was slightly on edge through my whole pregnancy as so much was riding on it.