Yumbox original or panino? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Yumbox original or panino?

Hi guys,

Im looking at buying a yumbox for my 5 year old for school, but tossing up between the original and the panino.

Just wondering those who have had one or both which one you found more suitable for school aged children?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the original is great for little kids who like to have a nibble of lots of different foods, rather than eat one large portion.

My 6yo doesn't use the original much anymore, I think the panino would suit much better for sandwiches, wraps etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, im just worried that the smaller compartments in the panino dont really hold much, i was thinking of the original for snacks then keeping sandwich / roll in a seperate sandwich box then putting both in cooler bag.

Anyone do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have the original for my 5 year old and it serves him well. He doesn't eat sandwiches or wraps though. Perhaps the panino would suit if you want to pack bigger items like this for your child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just cant see the panino holding enough snacks tho? I could be wrong, just from looking at pictures

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got the original but it's too small for my DS , he's only 5 but I needed it to fit lunch and recess and it's just not big enough, it can't fit wraps or bread rolls in it so I only use it for when they go on excursions or if we are going out after school or picnics ect as its great for dips and cheese and crackers and veggies - we have the planetbox which fits everything really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Yumbox original or panino?

Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Thank you, im just worried that the smaller compartments in the panino dont really hold much, i was thinking of the original for snacks then keeping sandwich / roll in a seperate sandwich box then putting both in cooler bag.

Anyone do this?
    Have you looked at the planetbox? It fits heaps ( it holds his recess , lunch and fruit break) plus comes with an insulated bag with extra compartments and containers great for apples or fruit break

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Smudgey  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got the panino and it fits enough food for my yr 1 boy. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1462338181.501138.jpg

I cut a sandwich in half and stack the pieces on top of each other in the space that's left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have both. My kids are in kindy and year 1. One likes a picnic, so use the original for her. It fits enough food for the day, and she eats a lot LOL. I have carrot and cheese in the top left, cucumber top tight and then crackers, ham and apple/fruit across the bottom.

My son likes sandwiches/rolls, so I use the panino for him. So he gets his sandwich plus some biscuits, Apple quarters and a mueslie bar. I also cut chunks of cucumber into quarters and put them in the dipper. On days he feels like a picnic, the original holds enough lunch for him as well. He has his crunch and sip in a separate container as it sits on their desks, and I put in a whole banana in his lunch bag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have both. My DS does not eat sandwiches/wraps much so use the original the most. He also does not eat much so it isna good size.

There is quite a bit of room but be prepared to cut things up into bite sized pieces.