+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Jobs for families package...

Anyone know why it's got this name? Makes it sound like they are going to help families get work but in fact it seems to just be a change to the child care benefits?? I think the new system will be better as the current one is so confusing! And it's good that low income families will be better off but other than an incentive to families to work more hours how is a job for families package?!?! And while I don't disagree with getting rid of the 7.5k cap my cynical brain does think this is yet another trick by the govt to get us lazy mums back working full time 😛
    My idea of jobs for families would be encouraging employees to offer flexibility and other family friendly terms... Silly me...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not following...

The govt is trying to get more families to work more hours.

The govt definitely wants more more people to work more hours.

More work=more income tax

Yes it would be nice to get more flexibility and family friendly terms but that takes time. I'd like more CC open after hours and weekends. Or rebates for nannies for after hours weekend etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @ExcuseMyFrench is usually in the know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I'm not following...

The govt is trying to get more families to work more hours.

The govt definitely wants more more people to work more hours.

More work=more income tax

Yes it would be nice to get more flexibility and family friendly terms but that takes time. I'd like more CC open after hours and weekends. Or rebates for nannies for after hours weekend etc
    I thought the rebate was being extended to nannies now? Or at least from July?
    I know what they want, it's just the name that irks me as the only thing they are doing in this package is helping make cc more affordable. For some. It's more of a cheaper childcare for families if you can find a job package... But not so catchy 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I thought the rebate was being extended to nannies now? Or at least from July?
    I know what they want, it's just the name that irks me as the only thing they are doing in this package is helping make cc more affordable. For some. It's more of a cheaper childcare for families if you can find a job package... But not so catchy 😉
    I've never been aware the rebate has been applicable to nannies.

I'm currently looking for work, I've got two options.
    1) work in my actual field that I have 10+ years experience in but as its shift work (nights/weekend) rotating roster I don't even get past the interview stage for it as Dh is unreliable and no after hours care on a rotational roster. No family near me.

2) work any job/retail/admin etc. But CC is so expensive I need to earn $40+/HR to even make $50/day AFTER tax/CC. Not many admin retail jobs pay that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I've never been aware the rebate has been applicable to nannies.

I'm currently looking for work, I've got two options.
    1) work in my actual field that I have 10+ years experience in but as its shift work (nights/weekend) rotating roster I don't even get past the interview stage for it as Dh is unreliable and no after hours care on a rotational roster. No family near me.

2) work any job/retail/admin etc. But CC is so expensive I need to earn $40+/HR to even make $50/day AFTER tax/CC. Not many admin retail jobs pay that.
    They are planning to have/are having/had a trial for CC rebate for nannies for people who have shift work - I think.

Tbh I like that the changes are means tested and that they have changed the rebate cap as that is one of the things that stops full time work - your cap runs out before the end of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    They are planning to have/are having/had a trial for CC rebate for nannies for people who have shift work - I think.

Tbh I like that the changes are means tested and that they have changed the rebate cap as that is one of the things that stops full time work - your cap runs out before the end of the year.
    Yes. I applied to be part of the pilot program but wasn't accepted. I didn't fit the requirements needed. It was only for FT workers. Not PT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

A friend applied and found out you had to pay something like $30/hr to the nanny. It was cheaper for her to use child care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the whole 'jobs for families' spin was because of the tougher work/study tests. The angle is supposed to be more support for parents who work - I think you have to do a minimum number of hours per week to qualify for the rebate under the proposed changes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    I thought the whole 'jobs for families' spin was because of the tougher work/study tests. The angle is supposed to be more support for parents who work - I think you have to do a minimum number of hours per week to qualify for the rebate under the proposed changes.
    Isn't ccr already restricted to those working more than 15hrs?

Or did you mean ccb too?