+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We rented out our family home and rented a place by the beach for a year as a test to see if we would like it. After 2 months living here we decided we wanted to stay! So have brought a place here and in the process of selling our family home in the city. We love it. Work will be a pain as it's a long commute (starting back in 6 weeks). If I could find a job here it would be perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would do it. We live in the WA hills, and although it's not completely rural and we still have services close by, it's about an hour and a half each way to work for me now. We love it. We would have moved even further out if I had another option for work.

It sounds like there aren't really any negatives in your situation, so go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would stick it out for long service leave, then move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if you are worried about LSL leave, if he has been there over 7 years, and shy of 10, they still will pay you out pro-rata Good Luck, but sounds like to me, you should do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Question what about families etc? I love the change thing but I'm missing my family even though they weren't involved much 😒😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would move. If you have no mortgage and no debt then your only living expenses will be the ongoing ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default WWYD - Tree Change or not?

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Question what about families etc? I love the change thing but I'm missing my family even though they weren't involved much 😒😒
    We are now 10 hours from MIL and hubby's siblings. We do miss them but make sure we Skype etc. I also talk to them daily on Facebook chat and send photos etc. We see them every 2 months or so as we either go see them or they come see us.
    My family, being 1,000,000,000km away wouldn't be far enough away for my liking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default WWYD - Tree Change or not?

Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    if you are worried about LSL leave, if he has been there over 7 years, and shy of 10, they still will pay you out pro-rata Good Luck, but sounds like to me, you should do it
    My company wouldn't 😒. I think it depends on your contract. OP I would absolutely do it! Mortgage free is crazy liberating.
    Last edited by lilypily; 04-05-2016 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replies. After more discussions with DH and lots of research, we are thinking we will try and move within the next 2yrs if we can. Just need to minimise the change to the kids (4 aged 11-4).

Monnie24 - our siblings are already spread out, with some in the Hunter, in the military, etc. My sister lives 40 mins away and I rarely see her as her friends are more important then family (she is a social butterfly). So being away from them won't be any more different then what we are used to.

We have found a place that we like, but in researching, we are coming up to a issue. Those that have made the change and live out far, what do you do for internet and phone? The area (40km from town) we are looking at doesn't have NBN or mobile reception

Everything else we do or need is available in the township (Same town we go camping to)
    Last edited by lolly137; 06-05-2016 at 12:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For Internet the best option is satellite. We haven't bothered though as we get by on a combined 20+gig on our phones and the iPad. The iPad has its own SIM card and 10gig and we hotspot off that if we need to get internet on the MacBook.

You can of course also get satellite pay TV so that would be the best option there.