For as long as we have been together (18yrs), DH and I have talked about moving bush. We both grew up on acreage in semi-rural areas of Sydney. Unfortunately, life got in the way and we have never made the move due to work, medical issues with the kids, and family obligation/guilt.
We purchased in a crap area 8yrs ago that has gone (price wise) through the roof in the last 2 years. We are now very seriously considering going bush. Every time we go bush for a holiday (3 times a year) we dread coming back to Sydney.
Factors we have considered so far -
* Jobs - we both have jobs that can be transferred. although he is 2yrs shy of his Long Service. He also has his licence to drive trucks and buses.
* Kids medical issues - now on a observation level, no more ops.
* Schooling - our eldest starts high school next year, the youngest starts Kindy in 2018
* Mortgage - we could sell, pay out our current mortgage, purchase a new place and be mortgage free with a bit of money left over.
* Ideal place to move is the Mid North Coast. My folks have retired up there a couple of years ago, his will still be in Sydney
* Age - hubby and I are 35