+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just completed our knock down rebuild and moved into our new house 2 weeks ago and are really happy with our new home. We are in Victoria and the whole process took approx 15 months.

The demolition cost for our 2bdr weatherboard was $8,800 and $2,400 for tree removal. We built with a small family builder, our dble storey 24sq house plus 4sq alfresco area cost $283,000. They had a 320 day build time in the contract and it was completed 4 days after this date.

One thing I would suggest is to have it inspected at each stage by a private building inspector as ours picked up issues that we didn't know about and we were able to get it fixed by the builder at each stage.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to landi68 For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you so much for all your replies! Lots of food for thought! Great advice 👍🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine did a KDR last year. I'm not sure of costs, but it was all done within 12 months and it was cheaper to rebuild than to do an extension on the back of the house. They built with Orbit homes.

I built a few years ago with Metricon and have been really happy with the finished product. There were no hidden costs, we knew everything upfront. We live in an area with lots of rock, so paid a fixed cost at the start to cover it. Our neighbours didn't pay a fixed price with their builder and ended up with an extra bill of $26k that they weren't expecting at the start.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bluehawaii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi we see in WA and going through this exercise though with our first baby due in 11 weeks I have put things on hold! So far we have paid $12,000 for plans, council approval, energy rating and structural plans... It's another $15,000 to knock down our house and then looking at close to $600,000 to rebuild (big high finished home double story with loft) so I told my partner to wait another year so things settle down and then We go for it... Also Perth prices are adjusting so we are hoping builders and trades adjust too in that time

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post: