Closed Thread
Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to read your update Aquinos77, unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone, I've been on both sides of the fence and the bfns are very hard to take after so much emotional and financial effort. I really feel for you.
    Caesardust hang in there, I'm a plan b and c'er too so understand how you're feeling but you're in with a bloody good chance love. These are young eggs which makes all the difference. @Minniemin Ive used absbysa and would highly recommend them but if you want detailed info you're better off asking CFC as well about your donors donation history/results as well. At a few points in this process you just have to 'let go', it almost killed me (angst waiting for a treatment plan anyone?) But you just do. X

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (03-09-2016),Caesardust  (03-09-2016),Minniemin  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello ladies thank you for your support and encouragement. I wouldn't have travelled to SA if it wasn't for this forum. I had such a great trip anyway regardless of the outcome. It was a long deserved holiday for us as we so needed time out from the roller coaster journey of IVF as we were beginning to throttle each other towards the end of it lol . @Caesardust, all the best with your beautiful embryos, pray that they will continue to thrive and grow. As mentioned before, having eggs from younger donors there is higher success rate, don't give up hope, it sounds like you have great strength and resilience . It is such a difficult journey for us all, and I have stopped sharing to my friends about it, because they dont seem to understand the implications. Its great to have this forum to share, express and receive great support. At this stage were still processing and thinking about doing another cycle with this new egg donor as we have to scrape up some more money in a short amount of time. Also Im not sure whether she is legit because Ive had a few women offering in the past, but later dont hear from them again. Will keep you guys posted.xo
    Last edited by Aquinos77; 03-09-2016 at 17:22.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (03-09-2016),emski72  (03-09-2016),Minniemin  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading over these last few posts has made me teary. It's such a fricken hard journey. You guys are brave and incredible, and as @Aquinos77 said, you just stop talking about it to people, because they really don't understand the level of heartbreak and anxiety involved. @Caesardust, I've never had any frozen embies from IVF cycles, so I can imagine your frustration - you just expect a better result with a donor but I totally agree with the other girls - hang in there lady, you are still in there with a chance. Crossing everything for you xxx
    Last edited by Minniemin; 04-09-2016 at 13:54.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (14-09-2016),Aquinos77  (04-09-2016),Caesardust  (04-09-2016),emski72  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing
    Last edited by ECM1981; 05-09-2016 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust and @Tahli the over 40s would not let me post coz its closed. I apologize as i have not been keeping track with bubhub because its just easier to mive forward if its not in your face all the time but i just wanted to say im sorry of your result caesardust, all you put into it. I have been following you from when you were even unsure of going down this route so to not have you get the outcome you deserve makes me angry at the universe....again! I have been angry at the universe for a long time now. Im trying not to be and trying to accept what is. But i hope and pray that you have 2 goodies onboard. Just nurture those two during your 2ww. @Tahli please forgive me for not knowing your next plans. Will you be doing a new donor cycle? Xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (04-09-2016),Tahli  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm just wondering if any of you lovely ladies would be happy to give me an idea of how much it costs to use a donor egg from South Africa, please? We're in Melbourne. Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @siansmum it's costing us between 8 and 9000 AU for clinic and agency (donor) costs. Not including flights and accommodation X

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    @siansmum it's costing us between 8 and 9000 AU for clinic and agency (donor) costs. Not including flights and accommodation X
    Thanks Minniemin. Can eggs be sent over to Australia or would I have to actually go to the clinic in South Africa? My husband doesn't want to travel over there. He's so bloody pig headed at times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to head there @siansmum.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Thanks Minniemin. Can eggs be sent over to Australia or would I have to actually go to the clinic in South Africa? My husband doesn't want to travel over there. He's so bloody pig headed at times!

You can investigate having them sent to a closer country (ie Thailand).
    Otherwise you can use world egg bank, donor angels or known donors here for about $25,000.
    Remember too that any eggs here, whether supplied from US or from AU, come under our laws of disclosure whereas donors in many overseas countries are anonymous. Pros and cons to both.
    Cape Town is an absolutely gorgeous place to visit – I'm sure your hubby would love it, ha ha! The process is a minimum of 12 days.
    Lots of girls go to Greece or Spain as well x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (11-09-2016)