Closed Thread
Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Another thumbs up for Uber in CT. As a single woman I felt safer in them too. I had trouble with the app in CT. It repeatedly didn't like my credit card so my kind BnB owner would order them for me. I'm using Uber in Oz now so I'm hoping it will work in CT on my next trip.
    You can book your flights as long as they're flexible, that's a risk you need to be comfortable with and same goes for accom. Check out their cancellation policy or flexibility to change dates and at what cost? I appreciate Dec is too far away as far as your EDs initial checks go but on the other hand I appreciate how busy flights are in Dec, esp if you're looking at beyond the first week of Dec. It's a hard call.
    Has your ED donated before @Minniemin?
    Hi @Tahli, sounds like Uber is the way forward, we were gonna hire a car but prob not now. I've booked a couple of apartments around Waterfront with free cancellation policies on booking.com but they're not ideally priced. As you say, it's the peak time we are travelling which makes it risky... Ughhhhh.
    I might wait a couple of weeks before booking the flights, maybe I'll know more then. Or maybe I'm dreaming!!!
    my ED is a proven donor through aBabySA. I hope that is a good sign.
    Feels like I have nothing in my control right now. X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    YES @emski72. That's what they wanted me to do too! You're braver than me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We all know the out of control feeling @Minniemin! It just transfers from out of control with travel plans, to out of control with our EDs cycle, to out of control of the outcome!!
    Hopefully your proven donor has a consistent donation history which 'may' make it easier to plan around. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    We all know the out of control feeling @Minniemin! It just transfers from out of control with travel plans, to out of control with our EDs cycle, to out of control of the outcome!!
    Hopefully your proven donor has a consistent donation history which 'may' make it easier to plan around. Good luck!
    The whole thing is bewildering and im feeling a bit overwhelmed. Especially frustrating for someone who is a planner!
    How will I know if the ED has a consistent history? Maybe I should email the agency. All I know is she's a proven donor and a 'pleasure to work with'. They haven't been amazing getting back to me so far tbh. I thought they'd offer more of a service in relation to helping you plan yr treatment etc but I guess it will fall into place as days go by.
    Like I mentioned earlier, if I hadn't found this thread I'd still be blindly fumbling around in the dark. (Even more than I currently am, lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may like to ask how many times she has donated and with which clinic/s. Then you should be either put in contact with CFC (for example) directly or the ED agency can ask these questions on your behalf. I've not worked with ababysa before. Hopefully one of the other girls can help.
    I'd ask the following. How many donations and then break each individual donation down to how many eggs collected, how many made it to day 5 blasts, how many transferred, outcome of cycle and how many blasts were frozen. CFC are used to being asked this.
    I have a feeling all EDs are a pleasure to work with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello Ladies
    My results were BFN today. However I had a wonderful trip to SA. I was quite disappointed as we did not have any to freeze. Also i was thinking that this would be our last go, but not sure at this stage. All the best with all those travelling to Capetown and going through egg donor IVF. The clinic was great and Dr M was very nice

me: 45yrs, hubby 44yrs
    10 IVF cycles
    10th IVF cycle with first time egg donor.
    autoimmune issues.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (02-09-2016),Tahli  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so very sorry to hear that @Aquinos77. Not having any frozen embryos must make it extra difficult. I really feel for you. Massive hugs to both you and DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Tahli, all the best for you too. I just received an email today from an egg donor that lives in my area, and she was willing to donate for me. She had contacted me earlier in the year saying that she won't be available until later in the year. So its been quite timely when she contacted me as I was about to throw it in and say its enough now. So looks like I may try again before the end of the year . She has already done counselling and gone thru tests already from a previous donation, so she says she is ready to go and has had successful pregnancies from other recipients. So its actually another blessing, but i need to persuade my hubby cos he's actually over the whole process

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (03-09-2016),Tahli  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Aquinos77 I'm so sorry to hear of your result. I'm just about to leave Cape Town with also the devastating news that there was nothing to freeze. I'm not feeling hopeful about the two embryos I have had transferred with such a poor freeze rate. I'm so happy to hear you have been given another chance with a donor who is ready to go so quickly. That truly is a blessing.

10 cycles is so many but what's one more to add to it I suppose. Knowing if and when to give up is the hardest decision to make. I think I'm going to have to face that reality myself now I've spent everything and are emotionally exhausted at this point after 7 cycles, 6oe and 1de. I'm turning 39 in 3 months but I've been told donor eggs are my best chance but I have immune issues and lining issues too.

I really hope your new donor holds the golden egg for you and you dh. By god you deserve it.

Thank you for sharing your story. It made me feel a little less alone in my despair.

Xo

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (04-09-2016),Tahli  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    @Aquinos77 I'm so sorry to hear of your result. I'm just about to leave Cape Town with also the devastating news that there was nothing to freeze. I'm not feeling hopeful about the two embryos I have had transferred with such a poor freeze rate. I'm so happy to hear you have been given another chance with a donor who is ready to go so quickly. That truly is a blessing.

10 cycles is so many but what's one more to add to it I suppose. Knowing if and when to give up is the hardest decision to make. I think I'm going to have to face that reality myself now I've spent everything and are emotionally exhausted at this point after 7 cycles, 6oe and 1de. I'm turning 39 in 3 months but I've been told donor eggs are my best chance but I have immune issues and lining issues too.

I really hope your new donor holds the golden egg for you and you dh. By god you deserve it.

Thank you for sharing your story. It made me feel a little less alone in my despair.

Xo
    We had nothing to freeze last year and transferred the only two blasts from ten eggs collected. Two days left and I thought it was a bust but was completely wrong. We ended up with boy/girl twins that are now four months old. They were my seventh cycle as well after six OE.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (03-09-2016),Caesardust  (03-09-2016),Minniemin  (04-09-2016)