Closed Thread
Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a little note for any of the girls going over to CFC who are doing Pregnyl boosters. CFC sell Pregnyl 5000 for R190 ($17). So you don't need to take your Pregnyl over from Oz in a cool bag. Handy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Minniemin  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Minniemin, Congratulations on deciding to take the next step. We travelled to Cape Town with our 6 year old daughter, we stayed next door at The Quadrant (room 204) booked through http://www.capetowncityaccommodation.com/ which was cheap for a 2 bedroom apartment. This made it easy to go to appointments especially with our daughter as sometimes it was just my husband or myself that had to go into CFC. Long term it is not the best location to stay though and we moved to the Waterfront after the egg and sperm collection which was amazing, especially for our daughter as there was a big playground, mini train and seals to see, and places to eat everywhere. It was much more expensive ($240 a night for a huge 2 bedroom at The Waterfront Village) but more of a holiday as Claremont is in the suburbs.The taxis were pretty good just make sure you get them to turn on the meter, we made friends with one taxi driver and used him quite a bit or he sent one of his friends if he couldn't get to us promptly. Once you are there food and transport is relatively cheap, most main meals were $15 for really great food.Good luck, hope it all goes amazing xx
    Last edited by AdelMum; 02-09-2016 at 11:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AdelMum thanks so much for all of that info! Looks like Quadrant is booked when I'll be over there so I might just head straight for Waterfront. I like the sound of the park for our 3 year old. Taxi info is good - maybe we won't need to hire a car. Will we need to be at the clinic a lot throughout our stay? (Like every day?) So hard to get any info from CFC website and my agency. Also frustrating not being able to book flights and accommodation, and watching all of the prices rise - something I know many of you girls here have been through already. I've learned so much more from reading back through this thread than I have from anywhere else!

Me - 43 Hubby - 44
    1 DS conceived naturally
    1 m/c
    3 failed cycles OE
    Heading to SA in Dec for DE

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniemin View Post
    @AdelMum thanks so much for all of that info! Looks like Quadrant is booked when I'll be over there so I might just head straight for Waterfront. I like the sound of the park for our 3 year old. Taxi info is good - maybe we won't need to hire a car. Will we need to be at the clinic a lot throughout our stay? (Like every day?) So hard to get any info from CFC website and my agency. Also frustrating not being able to book flights and accommodation, and watching all of the prices rise - something I know many of you girls here have been through already. I've learned so much more from reading back through this thread than I have from anywhere else!

Me - 43 Hubby - 44
    1 DS conceived naturally
    1 m/c
    3 failed cycles OE
    Heading to SA in Dec for DE
    Look on air bnb for apartments in the quadrant also, they are mostly privately owned.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (18-10-2016),Minniemin  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #13

@Minniemin I suggest getting an Airbnb near the v&a waterfront. They are quite cheap, clean and easy to get to everywhere. You can walk to the waterfront if you stay near Main Street in green point.

Also the best way to get around ct is by uber. It's safe, the cars are clean and reliable and it's easy and cheap. My ct friends recommended using uber as they do and it was the best advice given to us. It cost about $10 a trip from the waterfront to the clinic.

Food here is awesome and cheap. We have not had a bad meal in two weeks. I recommend the food hall on the waterfront near the art tourist watershed market.

I hope you have success in ct. it's a wonderful place.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (18-10-2016),Minniemin  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thumbs up for Uber in CT. As a single woman I felt safer in them too. I had trouble with the app in CT. It repeatedly didn't like my credit card so my kind BnB owner would order them for me. I'm using Uber in Oz now so I'm hoping it will work in CT on my next trip.
    You can book your flights as long as they're flexible, that's a risk you need to be comfortable with and same goes for accom. Check out their cancellation policy or flexibility to change dates and at what cost? I appreciate Dec is too far away as far as your EDs initial checks go but on the other hand I appreciate how busy flights are in Dec, esp if you're looking at beyond the first week of Dec. It's a hard call.
    Has your ED donated before @Minniemin?
    Last edited by Tahli; 02-09-2016 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Another thumbs up for Uber in CT. As a single woman I felt safer in them too. I had trouble with the app in CT. It repeatedly didn't like my credit card so my kind BnB owner would order them for me. I'm using Uber in Oz now so I'm hoping it will work in CT on the next trip.
    I had issues in cpt too with Uber...got suspended the first time I tried to book a ride last year! Only just got it resolved yesterday...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Suspended. Oh my!! Uber wanted me to email them a picture of both sides of credit card to resolve it. Uhm, no, I'm not sending highly sensitive information in an unsecure email! Fingers crossed it works for us both this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Suspended. Oh my!! Uber wanted me to email them a picture of both sides of credit card to resolve it. Uhm, no, I'm not sending highly sensitive information in an unsecure email! Fingers crossed it works for us both this time.
    Yeah I had to black out numbers etc and send a pic of my license ...it took about 7 people to get it rectified total PITA, but I guess just be prepared in case Uber doesn't work there. Lonely Planet recommend a couple of cab companies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    @Minniemin I suggest getting an Airbnb near the v&a waterfront. They are quite cheap, clean and easy to get to everywhere. You can walk to the waterfront if you stay near Main Street in green point.

Also the best way to get around ct is by uber. It's safe, the cars are clean and reliable and it's easy and cheap. My ct friends recommended using uber as they do and it was the best advice given to us. It cost about $10 a trip from the waterfront to the clinic.

Food here is awesome and cheap. We have not had a bad meal in two weeks. I recommend the food hall on the waterfront near the art tourist watershed market.

I hope you have success in ct. it's a wonderful place.
    thanks @CAEserdust.. Investigating airB&B as well as lots of other places. I've been to CT as a Backpacker several years ago... My how my life has changed! Excited (and nervous) to go back! Thanks for your good wishes. Right back at ya xxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Minniemin For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (02-09-2016)