Closed Thread
Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl04 View Post
    Hi, I had no hesitation about transferring two. I understood the twin risks and were comfortable with them. I wasn't offered a triple transfer but it would have been one too many for me. In the end, we only had two blasts (no frosties). We had both transferred and have boy/girl twins. Little man is being fed right now!
    ps, 44 at transfer, 45 at the birth, keeping up fine!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinos77 View Post
    Hello Ladies
    I was wondering whether anyone is in Capetown at the moment? We will be going in for our day 5 transfer on Tuesday and plan to leave later this week all the best with those on their journey and waiting. I'm not sure whether to have 2 or 3 embryos transferred? To make up for lost time but at the same time not sure whether I'll be able to cope with having twins or triplets at my age 46 next year.
    Hi Aquinos

I also had no hesitation in transferring 2 embies knowing that there was a chance of twins. I was 46 when I transferred and 46 when I gave birth to my b/g twins last year. I don't have any problems keeping up with them. I am also going back to Cape Town in January and will have a double FET and hope that we are lucky again. I wouldn't choose a triple embryo transfer and I don't know that CFC would be too keen to do triple either.

Good luck on Tuesday, I hope everything goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aquinos, I have had two single transfers, both successful. So, if I'd put them in at once then there would have been a good chance of twins. I was not offered 3 and I would never choose to put in 3 personally. Too risky for your health and the health of the bubs if you did get triplets.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

KerryS  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Aquinos77 What gradings are they hun? That would be my guide. On my next cycle I'm transferring three, if they thaw well. They are stored in one vial. I would only transfer two if they were B5 or B4s. Good luck deciding!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tittle What were your CT dates again? xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Aquinos77 I'm in Cape Town right now. Dp has just gone in for his tesa and donor is going for Epu tomorrow. Im transferring 2 if I'm lucky enough to get them. Hello to everyone else

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (23-08-2016),midnite01  (23-08-2016),Minniemin  (01-09-2016),Tahli  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Aquinos77 What gradings are they hun? That would be my guide. On my next cycle I'm transferring three, if they thaw well. They are stored in one vial. I would only transfer two if they were B5 or B4s. Good luck deciding!
    Hi Tahli,
    I went in today for my transfer they said our embryos were grade AB? We decided to go ahead with transplanting 2 embryos. They said they we'rent top quality but graded them as AB. We will be waiting until Thursday to see if the other embryos will continue to grow for freezing. Thank u as we're praying and believing they will stick

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (24-08-2016),Tahli  (23-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    @Aquinos77 I'm in Cape Town right now. Dp has just gone in for his tesa and donor is going for Epu tomorrow. Im transferring 2 if I'm lucky enough to get them. Hello to everyone else
    Hello @Caesardust, wow that's great you're in Capetown and going thru thru the same journey. We had our transfer today and went ahead with 2 embryos transfer. They said the grade was AB? It all seems so sureal and exciting for us as it's been a long and difficult journey. We never thought we'll end up here in SA and let alone go thru with ED. We've had a few setbacks with our donors this year, this would have been our third donor who passed all the tests.
    Anywah Wishing you All the best with EPU and transfer. We will be leaving this Friday back to Brisbane.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being PUPO @Aquinos77! Did they give you a number before the AB such as 3AB? I hope you get some embryo in the freezer on Thursday too. Fingers crossed for testing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust Any update yet on how EPU went hun? You know we're all dying to hear over on the other thread!