Closed Thread
Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, well, well girls, I've found Dr W, Cyndi, Jenny and Kimenthra at HART Fertility Cape Town. I think they start there in November. Hearsay.... an Australian FS was unhappy with CFCs success rates and did an independent audit in March and found their success rates at only 21%. This comes as no surprise. Very interesting indeed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that is interesting I wonder if we can move our embryos across, I'm planning a trip in Jan ! Now I'm worried !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who was your FS previously @ferngirl?
    I think our success rates on here have dropped off, that's why I'd been asking about the roll call. A year or so ago it did reflect their success rate of around 55%.
    I have faith in Kimenthra's abilities in the lab but that's just me. It'll be an interesting time of settling in.
    I was just speaking to one of the ED agencies and they said they weren't happy with the way CFC were treating some of their donors.
    I know one of the girls on here had a really bad experience with HART but I don't want to tag her just in case she'd rather not chat about it. Has anyone else used HART?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fs was cfc and I had a good experience I'm not comfortable with the change now. Hopefully it will be okay but thanks for letting us know, knowledge is power ! I will make some further enquirers and see what I find.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (15-08-2016),Tahli  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're 100% right @ferngirl. I think everyone has to do their own research and make their own decisions and then hopefully be as comfortable as possible with their choice. Maybe both clinics will lift their games together and we'll end up with even higher success rates!!
    I hope fernbaby is happy and well. I'm excited to hear you're heading back at the same time as @emski72. Was some-one else heading back for Project Sibling in January too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Well, well, well girls, I've found Dr W, Cyndi, Jenny and Kimenthra at HART Fertility Cape Town. I think they start there in November. Hearsay.... an Australian FS was unhappy with CFCs success rates and did an independent audit in March and found their success rates at only 21%. This comes as no surprise. Very interesting indeed.
    Which FS in Aus Tahli?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Wow that is interesting I wonder if we can move our embryos across, I'm planning a trip in Jan ! Now I'm worried !
    You can, @Luca did this she moved embryos to a different clinic in CPT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Which FS in Aus Tahli?
    I asked whether it was Dr WDA but it wasn't. I didn't feel comfortable prying further as she was already sharing a good bit of info with me. Apparently he was sending patients over and started to become unhappy with the pregnancy rates so carried out an independent audit. Whether that meant asking 10 clients or reviewing CFCs figures somehow I don't know. But the more of us that openly ask these questions of CFC the better I think.
    The ED agency will be recommending HART now too from what I could tell.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting i just googled them. Always good to have this as an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I asked whether it was Dr WDA but it wasn't. I didn't feel comfortable prying further as she was already sharing a good bit of info with me. Apparently he was sending patients over and started to become unhappy with the pregnancy rates so carried out an independent audit. Whether that meant asking 10 clients or reviewing CFCs figures somehow I don't know. But the more of us that openly ask these questions of CFC the better I think.
    The ED agency will be recommending HART now too from what I could tell.
    Could have been the FS who likes to push for his Greek buddy too though. Not sure about that info...I will ask my agencies opinion on how they feel CFC are tracking, I think they would be the ones to ask outside of EDSA of course. I've heard good things about Aveitas and one bad review of HART which is the only person who has ever spoken in here about them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (15-08-2016)