Closed Thread
Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi itwillhappen, I would love them but have no idea how to pm!! Help x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Oh heck @Petulia. Huge hugs. Getting fobbed off is so patronising isn't it. When is your next scan?
    @ferngirl Did you pass the CFC Roll Call/Stats on to someone? Kisses for sweet Fernbaby, xx.
    I have been out the loop learning how to be a mumma, so have only just read this. I got a new phone so seemed to be missing messages I didn't handover, has anyone taken it up, if not I might start catching up let me know.
    My fern baby is doing great at 11 weeks so I'm just coming up for air !!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (14-08-2016),Caesardust  (14-08-2016),mardicharli  (12-08-2016),Tahli  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu View Post
    Its been a while since I've logged in, but looks like there has been some really positive outcomes for so many. Here's hoping it will be my turn sometime this year. We have managed to find a donor, and been in contact with the clinic. But it seems we always encounter 1 o2 delays, so now it looks like we'll be heading over to Durban in November.

I actually had a few questions, if anyone has the time to reply?
    • Just wondering if anyone has done the draw down method to sync cycles. I'm due to start this process in September, and really not looking forward to the menopause symptoms.
    • Is it standard to have 2 blasts transferred? My doctor here has advised against it given the risks associated with multiple births, but I'm torn as I want the best chance of success possible. I'm curious to know how others have made a decision around this?
    • Has anyone brought their embryos to Australia? My FS here has suggested I need to look into this. I can't find any details about the regulations in Qld.
    Well best wishes to all the ladies in the midst of the cycle or making their way through the 2WW.
    Blu, do you mean 'down regulation' rather than 'draw down'? I think the majority of us will have done down reg to sync cycles.

I did a single transfer each time, by choice. Having had previous uterine surgery for fibroids there was a bit of a risk in twins for me. Had that not been the case I probably would have transferred 2. At CFC they were trying to encourage me to transfer two but we just stuck to our guns. Lucky I did as those 2 best embryos turned into my now 18month old daughter and my current 31 week pregnancy! Good chance I would have had twins if I'd put them in at once, and I'm happy with how things turned out for us with single transfers. We've been very fortunate with our success two times.

Transferring 2 doesn't double your chances of pregnancy btw, but it does really increase your chance of twins! I think it gives you a 65% chance of pregnancy, rather than 60% or something like that.

I used to always think it wasn't possible to bring embryos here due to the different laws. That being donors must be known here, and must be anonymous in SA. Someone did recently say that it was possible but in the few years I've followed this thread I've never heard of anyone doing it. The cost or legalities might make it too difficult. Plus, I guess the risk of something happening during transport.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

emski72  (12-08-2016),KerryS  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I honestly don't think it's possible to transfer embryos into Aus but will research it more and report back.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Blu  (13-08-2016),Tahli  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski thats what i thought not sure if other states were less stricter than vic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really thought so too. Just saying that someone else here had said it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I honestly don't think it's possible to transfer embryos into Aus but will research it more and report back.
    This is the thread where somebody said that it is possible.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...m-South-Africa

According to the OP she was advised by Cape Town that it is possible as long as your clinic in Australia will accept them being from an anonymous donor. Apparently NSW will not allow it, Vic makes you get approval from a committee and all other states will accept them.

Don't know how you would verify this info except by maybe talking to your IVF clinic to see if they will accept overseas anonymous donor embryos.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to landi68 For This Useful Post:

Blu  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by landi68 View Post
    This is the thread where somebody said that it is possible.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...m-South-Africa

According to the OP she was advised by Cape Town that it is possible as long as your clinic in Australia will accept them being from an anonymous donor. Apparently NSW will not allow it, Vic makes you get approval from a committee and all other states will accept them.

Don't know how you would verify this info except by maybe talking to your IVF clinic to see if they will accept overseas anonymous donor embryos.
    Yes I'm seeing my FS next week, was planning on talking to her about it. I'm also writing a book so want to know for those purposes, not just heresay.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, i mean down regulation....sorry it's hard to get my head around all the different processes . When I did IVF I always did the antagonist cycle, so am a little clueless about the alternatives. I'm just worried about some of the menopause symptoms, I already experience some symptoms.

Sounds like you have been really blessed with the cycles in SA, and things went to plan. I hope we have a similar experience. I wouldn't mind twins to be honest, but DH would not be so pleased. I'm also likely to need a stitch on my cervix, so i figure twins could just make things more dangerous. But if it doesn't dramatically increase the chances of success, then the decision will be a little easier to make. I'm also not sure about the opportunity we would have to go back to SA if this doesn't work, so twins would give us a ready made family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have a weak cervix Blu, I'd be really cautious about twins. I can see why your FS is reluctant.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

emski72  (13-08-2016),KerryS  (15-08-2016)